NIssan Z infotainment used on any other cars?

Duchess

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi S6
Occupation
Trade Compliance
I'm a little worried about the infotainment on the Z. I almost bought a new Patrol when they came out, but got put off by the absolutely crap system...

Coming from mainly euro cars, the responsiveness of the infotainment, sound quality and usability are all things I've come come to expect as standard. I would legit have paid a premium if it included heads up display, top down camera, wireless Carplay/Android Auto, wireless phone charging etc.

I believe the system in the Z is going to be all new for Nissan - but does anyone know if the same setup is used in any other vehicles? (Infinity, etc?) Wouldn't mind testing one out in a showroom first...

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I'm a little worried about the infotainment on the Z. I almost bought a new Patrol when they came out, but got put off by the absolutely crap system...

Coming from mainly euro cars, the responsiveness of the infotainment, sound quality and usability are all things I've come come to expect as standard. I would legit have paid a premium if it included heads up display, top down camera, wireless Carplay/Android Auto, wireless phone charging etc.

I believe the system in the Z is going to be all new for Nissan - but does anyone know if the same setup is used in any other vehicles? (Infinity, etc?) Wouldn't mind testing one out in a showroom first...
Hate to tell you Australia isn’t getting the 9inch only the crappy 8inch with none of the new tech that goes with it.
im guessing the infotainment will be similar to what is in the new patrol.

one of the reasons I decided to wait for the Z and not buy a mx-5 was because of the promise of updated tech …now It seems that apart from and electronic speedo it won’t be that much more advanced

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
You could always just replace it.

There are a few businesses near me (not Australia) that do replacements, OEM and third-party, for the radios and infotainment systems. It's mainly to allow owners of used Japanese imports to replace the the Asian language and Asian radio frequency ones for English language ones with locally working radio frequencies. They aint cheap though. :(

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

There are a few businesses near me (not Australia) that do replacements, OEM and third-party, for the radios and infotainment systems. It's mainly to allow owners of used Japanese imports to replace the the Asian language and Asian radio frequency ones for English language ones with locally working radio frequencies. They aint cheap though. :(
Exactly and there in lies the problem…the Z is not overly cheap either, it should come with what’s on offer elsewhere or at least an option…this just leaves Aussies feeling ripped off

OP
OP

Duchess

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi S6
Occupation
Trade Compliance
Exactly and there in lies the problem…the Z is not overly cheap either, it should come with what’s on offer elsewhere or at least an option…this just leaves Aussies feeling ripped off
Shit, I didn't even see that... so it looks like the 8" doesn't even come with satnav? WTF??

I've had no issue with replacing older rice racers from the 90's, but not going to do it with a modern car.
I suppose if I could find an original 9"...

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep

So a few details about the infotainment. The center display with your instruments is ripped strait out of the Platinum Rogue and Pathfinder. It's a crisp clean screen with little latency issues, it's good. The center screen is almost a rip from the center display in all current Nissans. The architecture of the OS and menu functions are almost 100% identical. This is good and bad personally. The latency can be a bit touch and go depending on what apps are being opened and if the display is under "heavy load". However, the display is crisp and provides a clean picture with little to no issues running the tasks it is asked to do.

Now for full disclosure I have not torn down the Z and thus can not say with 100% certainty that it has the exact same anything as the other models. Though I will say that it is VERY likely that my above statements will be true.

Dotson

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nissan Pathfinder
The 9" infotainment system, and 12.3" digital dash for that matter, appear to be exactly the same as what is in my 2022 Pathfinder Platinum. I highly doubt Nissan will build something specific for the Z. That's not how they operate. Especially since the Infotainment system and Digital Dash are new since 2021-2022. I will almost guarantee they are exactly the same, with some software customization or tweaks, such as different tach/speedometer display on the dash etc. But that's the beauty of going digital. Software changes allows them to customize things for different vehicles. Having said that, the infotainment and digital dash are both very good in my Pathfinder. They look good and function well too. No issues, with performance, lag, crashing or anything like that. I don't really use the built-in NAV because wireless Apple CarPlay with Google Maps is better and easy to use.

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.
The 9" infotainment system, and 12.3" digital dash for that matter, appear to be exactly the same as what is in my 2022 Pathfinder Platinum. I highly doubt Nissan will build something specific for the Z. That's not how they operate. Especially since the Infotainment system and Digital Dash are new since 2021-2022. I will almost guarantee they are exactly the same, with some software customization or tweaks, such as different tach/speedometer display on the dash etc. But that's the beauty of going digital. Software changes allows them to customize things for different vehicles. Having said that, the infotainment and digital dash are both very good in my Pathfinder. They look good and function well too. No issues, with performance, lag, crashing or anything like that. I don't really use the built-in NAV because wireless Apple CarPlay with Google Maps is better and easy to use.
How about waze?

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
I don't use Waze but it is available and supported on both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
And when you use CarPlay as described, can you get the map to appear on the main IP screen or does that only work with the built-in nav?

Dotson

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nissan Pathfinder
And when you use CarPlay as described, can you get the map to appear on the main IP screen or does that only work with the built-in nav?
No, they need to make that work. Only built in nav shows on the digital dash.

Dotson

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nissan Pathfinder
My wife and I use Waze in her '21 Rogue. It functions flawlessly. The display is only on the infotainment center, however, not on the dash.
And I don't think this behavior is unique to Nissan. My wife's Audi is the same way, built-in NAV on the digital dash only.