Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
In what context? And you’re comparing a Toyota to a Nissan? We’ll see if Nissan is still in business in 3-5 years 😂
I'm comparing a Nissan to a BMW (let's keep it 100 today)

Older, pre Supra B58s are already starting to see the gremlins creep up.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
I'm comparing a Nissan to a BMW (let's keep it 100 today)

Older, pre Supra B58s are already starting to see the gremlins creep up.
Toyota had significant input. I haven't followed the Mkv too closely, but they seem to be largely solid. Especially considering the power people are putting through these. They've already been out for some time. The Z isn't in the hands of the consumer yet. We'll have to see how the reliability shakes out from a failing manufacturer.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
Sure it is, but it's a bit insulting to someone of Randy's caliber to have him participate but have no opportunity to get in a sentence about his experience driving the Z at the limit on track IMO.
What do you mean? He did have an important line… “WRX Bitches”. 🤣🤘🏼

-RJM

Last edited:

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator

TheGuverment

For profit. Strictly business.
First Name
Strickland
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Subaru WRX hatchback
I honestly believe this whole reliability hang up is completely over blown. Only people who should really be worried about long term reliability are people who plan on keeping the car forever, keeping it stock, and those that have it as their only car.
Most people who buy these cars don’t even keep them for more than a year or two anyway, or they just keep it in a garage and drive it three times out of the month before moving on to the next thing. Enthusiast are just going to be ripping the things apart from day one and having them in and out of the shop, shit breaking is apart of the game when it comes to modding.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
I honestly believe this whole reliability hang up is completely over blown. Only people who should really be worried about long term reliability are people who plan on keeping the car forever, keeping it stock, and those that have it as their only car.
Most people who buy these cars don’t even keep them for more than a year or two anyway, or they just keep it in a garage and drive it three times out of the month before moving on to the next thing. Enthusiast are just going to be ripping the things apart from day one and having them in and out of the shop, shit breaking is apart of the game when it comes to modding.
My S13 was solid (after I replaced everything in the 240k mile chassis)
My S14 went through hell and back with me (roadtrips from Houston > Cleveland, Flooded a couple times, etc)
My Z33 was solid
My Z34 was solid
My E89? lol
My V37 is still solid.....even after a flood

I'll trust a RWD Nissan Product with my life (those are the ones where they actually try), they are fucking tanks. My BWM couldn't handle simple things like potholes.......or time......or being driven too hard.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Yep the needs of short term vs long term owners, can be significantly different.

For example, a guy like me who tends to hold onto vehicles like grim death, might have a much different desire for added electronics/trinkets, than someone who unloads a vehicle before warranty expires.

One of my first thoughts on a feature, is what happens if this feature breaks, and what might be the aggravation/cost to fix.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
If we're going to start theorizing on what's most likely to go wrong on a stock RZ34, my money is on the cf drive shaft in the manuals. I remember when DSS (drive shaft shop) first came out with cf drive shafts for the 5th gen Camaros, and my recollection was that they were pretty solid for the automatics, but could go to shit with repeated abuse in manual car (which makes sense).

Maybe things have changed, maybe not. In either event, I'd upgrade the drive shaft if you're looking to boost power in a forthcoming RZ34.

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT
If we're going to start theorizing on what's most likely to go wrong on a stock RZ34, my money is on the cf drive shaft in the manuals. I remember when DSS (drive shaft shop) first came out with cf drive shafts for the 5th gen Camaros, and my recollection was that they were pretty solid for the automatics, but could go to shit with repeated abuse in manual car (which makes sense).

Maybe things have changed, maybe not. In either event, I'd upgrade the drive shaft if you're looking to boost power in a forthcoming RZ34.
The 370Z also came with a carbon composite driveshaft and I don’t recall seeing any reports of issues. Could be wrong but it’s likely using the same one for this gen too.

Of course it has to transmit a lot more torque now but I think even in the boosted 370Zs the whole manual driveline has been solid.