DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
I'd agree that lap times are largely irrelevant for street driving. But I was not at all thrilled by what Jason had to say about the total lack of feeling through the steering wheel. I remember that was one of the things I enjoyed on my 370Z test drives, how the wheel felt. I have seen a few others comment that the new Z's wheel could have more feedback as well, although no one has been as extreme as Jason about it.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I wonder if Randy had other comments when comparing the two, trying to find info on this......He's a master at Laguna Seca and usually gives very detailed breakdowns during lap sessions.

The Z looks to be a winner as a composed daily driver, that's for sure. It covers most drivers waiting to get one!

Last edited:

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Yes I was surprised that there was absolutely nothing about the car coming from Randy. In fact the whole thing was more of a "think piece" than a real review of the Z.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
Yes I was surprised that there was absolutely nothing about the car coming from Randy. In fact the whole thing was more of a "think piece" than a real review of the Z.
Probably it's because Cammisa's show after all 👍

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Probably it's because Cammisa's show after all 👍
Sure it is, but it's a bit insulting to someone of Randy's caliber to have him participate but have no opportunity to get in a sentence about his experience driving the Z at the limit on track IMO.

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
I wonder if Randy had other comments when comparing the two, trying to find info on this......He's a master at Laguna Seca and usually gives very detailed breakdowns during lap sessions.

The Z looks to be a winner as a composed daily driver, that's for sure. It covers most drivers waiting to get one!

You know they had cameras rolling in the car while he drove. I am scared it is not positive comments or they are saving for another segment.

If they don't release any of his comments that isn't a good sign.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
You know they had cameras rolling in the car while he drove. I am scared it is not positive comments or they are saving for another segment.

I'm sure they're saving that for another segment or video. This Z vs Supra thing is mega popular at the moment, and it's getting clicks. Dripping the videos out is kind of a smart "marketing" plan for their channel

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security

I still think Randy will have a separate content to post since he did get times for the others too. I'll put on my waiting game. Or wait for Laguna Seca, that's the real yardstick, much better longer track for better evaluation.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Beautiful video, outstanding really.

Disappointed the Z is playing 2nd fiddle to the Supra but......we'll see how the Mk V holds up in 3-5 yrs.

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
taco bell
In what context? And you’re comparing a Toyota to a Nissan? We’ll see if Nissan is still in business in 3-5 years 😂

Sad but true. Nissan has been starting to circle the drain financially for years now

bold strategy to make a splash with one of their crown jewel name plates
hope they survive as competition and companies still brave enough to make sports cars is getting rare

wish they had the funding to bring out a clean sheet design for the Z.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
Sad but true. Nissan has been starting to circle the drain financially for years now

bold strategy to make a splash with one of their crown jewel name plates
hope they survive as competition and companies still brave enough to make sports cars is getting rare

wish they had the funding to bring out a clean sheet design for the Z.
Bold strategy indeed. Especially when the Z won't drive a meaningful amount of profit (may even be a net loss??). It's the trucks and SUV's that keep the lights on.

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
taco bell
Bold strategy indeed. Especially when the Z won't drive a meaningful amount of profit (may even be a net loss??). It's the trucks and SUV's that keep the lights on.
Right. It is a loss leader. Old NASCAR strategy. Win of Sunday, sell on Monday

they hope it will be “winning” on the streets, car meets, social media