Results are only viewable after voting.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
I bought my first Z in 2011 as a 30th Birthday Present to myself, it was also my first car note.....I lusted after a 350Z after the switch to HR and the interior refresh, I've never wanted a car so bad in my life - 4 long years of dreaming
- 2007 350Z Base Manual in San Marino Blue w/ Black Interior, got it for a steal (at the time) for 12k

My 2nd Z was a Christmas Present to myself in 2014 and the first car where I said "Oh, I want that" and got it with 0 drama, problems or setbacks.
- 2010 370Z 40th Anniversary Edition another steal at the time for 21k (CPO)

I'm 40 now, the new Z will be my first new car.
- 2023 Z Performance Manual, Blue on Blue - Fully loaded.

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Alright we now have a good spread of owners/buyers across the ages, nice the 31-40 group is nudging closer to 50%. You guys carry the torch in the years ahead ? I wonder if the younger gens will snap up the new Z, pricing will still be the best bang-for-buck out there IMO.

Xeno

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1984 Pontiac Trans Am, 1968 Chevrolet C10
Occupation
Mechatronics Engineer
Could be interesting to see this thread get bumped. Seemed to be a few new members recently anyway. I just graduated college last year and I have wanted a sports car ever since I was a sophomore in high school. I finally got enough life milestones out of the way, and I decided on the Z, since it fits my lifestyle better than an R33, which is what I was deciding between. Still want that R33, but this is more important right now. I donā€™t really know that many younger car enthusiasts. Though I know they exist, I have yet to meet any 22 year old who is a real gear head.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Could be interesting to see this thread get bumped. Seemed to be a few new members recently anyway. I just graduated college last year and I have wanted a sports car ever since I was a sophomore in high school. I finally got enough life milestones out of the way, and I decided on the Z, since it fits my lifestyle better than an R33, which is what I was deciding between. Still want that R33, but this is more important right now. I donā€™t really know that many younger car enthusiasts. Though I know they exist, I have yet to meet any 22 year old who is a real gear head.
Interesting you bring that up. I'm in the 31-40 yo group. Growing up I recall most, if not all, of my friends were hardcore gearheads - especially in high school. However, I see with my nephew that none of his friends are into cars (and neither is he) - like at all. Interesting to see how things change.

With that said, there HAVE to be other enthusiasts your age, they might just be a little harder to find.

spstan

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2004 BMW 330Ci
Occupation
Software Engineer
I also graduated college last year, but my experience has been slightly differentā€¦ two of my friends have Miatas (NA and NB) that they wrench on pretty regularly. That said, I donā€™t know many others my age who have an interest in cars that extends beyond racing sims or Fast and Furious

Edit: I forgot to mention my ageā€”Iā€™m 23

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
My mind is between 20-30, that's all y'all need to know. Hey the fact that I actively race mtn bikes, do 4x4 offroad excursions, not to mention tracking my ICEs, those qualify me, right. šŸ¤­ šŸ‘

You Drive

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW G80 M3 Comp
In my head I still feel in my early 20s, Iā€™m always disappointed when I am rudely awakened by my mirror reflectionā€¦.or when my knees tell me the rain is coming ?
šŸ¤£

Cars are the fountain of youth!

All I can say is Iā€™m ā€˜over 50ā€™, and I want my new toy!
Ditto!