jc604

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Just noticed a couple more zs were added to the inventory search near me, none of which are any specs of what i ordered but worth a shot for anyone still searching, the wait continues and deadline soon to be approaching

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
Just noticed a couple more zs were added to the inventory search near me, none of which are any specs of what i ordered but worth a shot for anyone still searching, the wait continues and deadline soon to be approaching
I guess that's kind of good news, maybe some more starting to be released from their ever lasting hold somewhere haha

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
I guess that's kind of good news, maybe some more starting to be released from their ever lasting hold somewhere haha
Yes, if anyone is interested, I heard there is a blue Performance Z auto available in Toronto. If anyone is interested let me know. I think I can get you in touch with the sales guy. Hopefully not sold by the time we keep touch

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dealer close to me (not the one I ordered from, but a parent Mitsubishi dealer next door) is getting a black, Mt performance listing it as used for 74000 :/

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dealer close to me (not the one I ordered from, but a parent Mitsubishi dealer next door) is getting a black, Mt performance listing it as used for 74000 :/
If your interested, I think this will be MSRP

OP
OP
jc604

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
More 80k-100k “used” zs for sale mArKuPs ARe ilLEgAL. Whos taking delivery for a 1.5 year old car in the winter?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I remember Canadian members being grateful that Canada has consumer protection laws.
Seems like there's no law that doesn't have a way around it.....

OP
OP
jc604

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I remember Canadian members being grateful that Canada has consumer protection laws.
Seems like there's no law that doesn't have a way around it.....
haha jokers indeed. the only thing that is "illegal" is advertising a price and changing the price with a markup, otherwise there are no laws of you have to sell for msrp

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
haha jokers indeed. the only thing that is "illegal" is advertising a price and changing the price with a markup, otherwise there are no laws of you have to sell for msrp
Many states in USA have similar "truth in advertising" laws. It's just not national.

At least it saves a trip to a dealership when they openly advertise markups and add-ons.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
But don’t they have to legally sell it based on Nissan Canada website? When these cars started to roll out (lack there of) I caught a dealer list a proto for 99k. But Nissan Canada was 30k cheaper. Wasn’t a “demo” or used.

OP
OP
jc604

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
But don’t they have to legally sell it based on Nissan Canada website? When these cars started to roll out (lack there of) I caught a dealer list a proto for 99k. But Nissan Canada was 30k cheaper. Wasn’t a “demo” or used.
nope same as usa, dealers set price, already spoke to nissan canada about this a while ago. its really a grey area in canada/frowned upon. unless you are factory ordering straight from the manufacturer to a dealer which you signed off for a price, then they can just set any price tbh

OP
OP
jc604

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
all three of the new allocations to dealers are being listed for sale in my area, hello preorders? oh let me guess they were all "cancelled" orders. time is ticking away

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Which is crazy they actually list them for sale, aside from the pre orders and reservations, the dealers I've spoke with have said they've got lists of people inquiring a mile long. Since the order banks are still closed, they can't place or put through any. I'm very shocked any of these manage to squeeze through as inventory for sale. It's only been about a handful that appear to have been shuffled around to be listed as "used" for the astronomical prices. Those units are more than likely the early demos from Christmas time last year they're starting to try and unload, hoping more allocation comes their way.

This whole thing is such a shit show.
That 2024 Tacoma is looking mighty fine. I've always wanted a mid size, and finally powertrains have caught up to today. But, probably just as long of a wait and scarce. Popular release.

With all fees, tax and shipping, I have almost 10k in parts sitting in my garage for the Z that never comes. I may have put too much faith in Nissan. It's already June. Time is running out for this year...

OP
OP
jc604

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
my dealer called me about the newest allocation(apparently one they were not supposed to be allocated and was cancelled from a different dealership)long story short, still don’t know when allocations are coming, last “pre order” was mid april.