West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
"Shift action on the six-speed is smooth and crisp. The clutch is light and fairly communicative. Where other outlets who drove the Z earlier in the year reported some grinding when dropping down into second, I couldn’t replicate the effect."

Nice.
This has been the same experience those who have tested out the gears in Aus have had …I don’t know what happened to the two Canadian media cars, but it doesn’t seem like it’s made it to production

Mind you, neither have most of our cars 🤣

OP
OP
jc604

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
This has been the same experience those who have tested out the gears in Aus have had …I don’t know what happened to the two Canadian media cars, but it doesn’t seem like it’s made it to production

Mind you, neither have most of our cars 🤣
Slowdown there production?? Thats a big commitment for nissan

OP
OP
jc604

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looks like the gear grind is real. Just a matter of how long it takes
460044EB-BA6E-424A-AF99-B7C694F6F207.png

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Not trying to defend a possible defect, but want to point out....

Gear grinding has been a typical aspect of many otherwise good transmissions. The CTR has gear grinding issues too. I don't think it is common for a transmission to fail from a bit of gear grinding.

Also, going from N to 2nd at 40 MPH is very difficult for the synchros to deal with. If the car was coasting in N with the clutch engaged, the guts of the transmission is spinning and the synchros for the gear you are selecting need a bit of time to match shaft speeds a bit closer, synchros basically are there to mitigate the shaft speeds inside a transmission, because all transmissions would grind without sychros. But, there are limits to what a synchro can do. That's why a lot of transmissions that grind a bit, you can eliminate the grind by waiting another couple fractions of a second to allow the synchros to do their job.

Also, many transmissions can benefit from a higher performing trans fluid.

Not saying this isn't an actual problem, very well could be. But, a lot of cars I have owned over the years, have had mild, occasional grinding problems, and at least for me, I'd still take it over a poorly programmed AT.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Can't be sure if he's downshifting or upshifting. When downshifting, the auto-rev match should've handled that, or upshifting from 1st, which should not take any time in N, 2nd gear (only?) grind is obviously a problem. Was he going 40 mph in N, i.e. coasting, then up to 2nd? Not normal driving and will be a bit tougher for the synchros.

I really think Nissan has a real problem and better fluids are just band-aid. Especially for those of us that will push the Z hard. Another hold-up, this has been a mess!

rkish86

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Ram 1500, 2023 Nissan Z (ordered)
Not much to add to this thread other than I put a deposit down at my dealer in BC for a Performance 6mt back in May, no updates other than a reconfirmation of the MSRP 🤷‍♂️

My wife keeps joking that the car will arrive with the first snow fall 😄

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
Not much to add to this thread other than I put a deposit down at my dealer in BC for a Performance 6mt back in May, no updates other than a reconfirmation of the MSRP 🤷‍♂️

Jokes on you, it doesn't snow...

OP
OP
jc604

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

They took everyones deposit when the preorders happened at dealerships and on nissan canada in January with little to no information as of then until now so no suprise here

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
That sucks for Canada. The US is still getting normal Zs for the fall correct?

OP
OP
jc604

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looks like canada is gonna do the stupid weekly test rigs to “journalists”

julien20vt

First Name
Jul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda CX-9
Pretty sure I'll cancel my order in the next days, and really sad that I didn't buy a used Corvette C7 to enjoy this summer...
I was listening to my dealer :
The Z will be delivered in the end Of June...
The Z will be delivered near mid July...
The Z will be delivered in early August...

The price of the car compared to what we were told and the way the delays have been handled is a pure joke

OP
OP
jc604

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan canada quotes

Due to ongoing industry-wide supply-chain shortages, the delivery of vehicles has been delayed. Our team is monitoring the global situation closely. At this time, Nissan is currently not accepting new orders for the Nissan Z. (1/3)

As a pre-order Nissan Z customer, we appreciate your passion for the Z and your patience. Rest assured that once your vehicle is in transit, you will start receiving personalized information and next steps about your order. (2/3)

As a reminder, if you would like to cancel your order and obtain a full refund of your deposit, please contact us at [email protected]. (3/3)

Well that clears some air we are probably Not even close to production

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Nissan canada quotes

Due to ongoing industry-wide supply-chain shortages, the delivery of vehicles has been delayed. Our team is monitoring the global situation closely. At this time, Nissan is currently not accepting new orders for the Nissan Z. (1/3)

As a pre-order Nissan Z customer, we appreciate your passion for the Z and your patience. Rest assured that once your vehicle is in transit, you will start receiving personalized information and next steps about your order. (2/3)

As a reminder, if you would like to cancel your order and obtain a full refund of your deposit, please contact us at [email protected]. (3/3)

Well that clears some air we are probably Not even close to production
Oooof! Although we all pretty much knew that, it still fucking sucks to hear. Ive already accepted I'm never getting this car lol! I'll just have to watch Tj Hunt's stupid ass ruin his car instead.