Nissan ESFLOW inspiration for Z35? Will it be retro?

MisterNismo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Totaled 370Z
Going through the renderings thread reminded me what a some of those artist sketches are based off of - like a mix of the 350/370z and the ESFLOW electric sports car concept from 2011. Here some looks for any body who doesn't know what this car is.

It'll be interesting to see how much the Z35 design comes from the ESFLOW.

esflow1.jpg
esflow2.jpg
esflow3.jpg
esflow4.jpg
esflow5.jpg
esflow6.jpg
esflow7.jpg
esflow8.jpg

BTW the ESFLOW had a range quoted at a minimum of 150 miles, and theoretically capable of a 0-60 mph in less than five seconds. Impressive.

Dantes

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z
That's a pretty clean and daring concept. I like most of it minus the huge front fenders.

Another thing is, I hope they do something about the interior space and visibility (or lack thereof). It's one of the big issues that needs to be addressed in the next Z.

Gunnerman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Maxima, Toyota FJ
That front end has some cheeks lol. Kinda look like the AC Cobra.

And wasn't there also a white one ?

Ranma

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rusty old Mitsu
Not a fan. Reminds me of the Mazda Kabura concept from years ago. fender bulges are nice in moderation not when they seem a separate part of the car.

Here the Kabura

tetsuo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Maxima
Going through the renderings thread reminded me what a some of those artist sketches are based off of - like a mix of the 350/370z and the ESFLOW electric sports car concept from 2011. Here some looks for any body who doesn't know what this car is.

It'll be interesting to see how much the Z35 design comes from the ESFLOW.

BTW the ESFLOW had a range quoted at a minimum of 150 miles, and theoretically capable of a 0-60 mph in less than five seconds. Impressive.
I may have missed it but was the 370Z based off the ESFLOW? Where did they say that. I dont see a lot of resemblance.

OP
OP
MisterNismo

MisterNismo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Totaled 370Z
I may have missed it but was the 370Z based off the ESFLOW? Where did they say that. I dont see a lot of resemblance.
Nah was just saying that some of the renderings posted here and on the internet seem to have used some of the ESFLOW design as inspiration since it came out after the 370z.

BluntForce

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
WRX
Yea the esflow is supposed to be the inspiration for some production vehicles. Given the size, proportions and Nissan's lineup it makes sense the Z might be prime candidate.

Personally i dont really like it. Funny they call it esflow because to me it does not flow at all...

chromeX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I think its safe to say the esflow and probably the next z car are bringing it all back to where it started, a very 240z inspired look.

J_Watts

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86
Still a beaut!

Definitely an exaggerated take on it..those shoulders that jut out above the wheel well and extend over the long hood.

J_Watts

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86
This has to be the preview for the new Z.