Nismo GT Titanium gear knob

Maximus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Coincidentally my gear knob arrived from Japan yesterday as well as my Z! My question is: do you remove the factory gear knob on the new Z as it was removed on the 350 and 370?

Thanks!
Chris

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Be careful. It's not apparently an easy twist off. Someone on Facebook already broke theirs. Seems there is a set screw under the plastic part according to his post

I had the NISMO Ti knob on my 350z you will like it

Screenshot_20230216-112305.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Maximus

Maximus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Be careful. It's not apparently an easy twist off. Someone on Facebook already broke theirs. Seems there is a set screw under the plastic part according to his post

I had the NISMO Ti knob on my 350z you will like it

Screenshot_20230216-112305.png
Shit….looks like I’ll have to wait for a YouTube video or somebody else to chime in who may have done it.
The Nismo GT knob is so small but countersunk 👍🏼

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Shit….looks like I’ll have to wait for a YouTube video or somebody else to chime in who may have done it.
The Nismo GT knob is so small but countersunk 👍🏼
Would have thought it was same as the 350/370's.
I watched vids in removing those and people have to pretty much destroy their stock shifter getting it off. Not a problem if you are looking for a permanent change, but can't really change your mind and go back.

OP
OP
Maximus

Maximus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Would have thought it was same as the 350/370's.
I watched vids in removing those and people have to pretty much destroy their stock shifter getting it off. Not a problem if you are looking for a permanent change, but can't really change your mind and go back.
I’ve seen some people remove the old ones using a strap wrench. But as far as the “pin” in the new assembly that was mentioned in that pic you sent….makes me weary about taking it off. I’ll try to contact the person in that pic to ask