First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Monotubes are great, let's see how the whole package works? Still waiting for tests and reviews, sorely lacking which is strange.

"Both front and rear dampers use a new monotube shock absorber design with a larger diameter than the outgoing 370Z, resulting in an approximately 20 percent reduction in dampening force to help minimize impact shock over uneven surfaces, enhance road-following performance and improve handling stability. The front double-wishbone aluminum suspension features new geometry, including increased caster angle, improving straight line stability. A two-point front strut tower brace is standard. The rear independent multi-link aluminum suspension has also been reconfigured with new settings."

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Also,

“ When it comes to delivering predictable, responsive handling, the engineering team took a multi-prong approach, especially for high-speed driving and cornering. Enhanced body rigidity, an electronic power steering with rack assist and a strong mechanical feel, and wider front tires (on both Sport and Performance grades) help increase maximum cornering G up to 13 percent.”

Beefing up body rigidity is good to see, and wondering if that cornering G increase is, say, compared to 370z? C&D tested a 2019 and pegged 0.89 on the skid pad, if my math is correct that’s pushing north of a G no?

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a21649051/2019-nissan-370z-manual-test-review/

bghoward

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
370z
Also,

“ When it comes to delivering predictable, responsive handling, the engineering team took a multi-prong approach, especially for high-speed driving and cornering. Enhanced body rigidity, an electronic power steering with rack assist and a strong mechanical feel, and wider front tires (on both Sport and Performance grades) help increase maximum cornering G up to 13 percent.”

Beefing up body rigidity is good to see, and wondering if that cornering G increase is, say, compared to 370z? C&D tested a 2019 and pegged 0.89 on the skid pad, if my math is correct that’s pushing north of a G no?

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a21649051/2019-nissan-370z-manual-test-review/
That article is testing a non sport model with the smaller tires.

Here is an article from 2009 testing the sport package 370z with 0.97G on the skidpad

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15148449/2009-nissan-370z-road-test/

I would think the new Z is north of 1G on the skidpad with more modern rubber and even wider tires than the 370z.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Bore x stroke: 86 x 86. Now where have I seen that before?

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
Per the spec sheet:

Bridgestone Potenza ® S007 high performance
F: P255/40R19, R: P275/35R19

I'll test this stock setup since the tuning is based on, before any upgrades to track focused rubber w 200 or less TW. BUT eeeeasy on those, rears are just over $400 a piece at TireRack, ouch!

This is what I'm using FYI, great traction and wear for track, and still more reasonable on cost:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...dewall=Blackwall&partnum=735WR9Z232&tab=Sizes

OP
OP
Donalex

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Also,

“ When it comes to delivering predictable, responsive handling, the engineering team took a multi-prong approach, especially for high-speed driving and cornering. Enhanced body rigidity, an electronic power steering with rack assist and a strong mechanical feel, and wider front tires (on both Sport and Performance grades) help increase maximum cornering G up to 13 percent."
This indicates the car has spent considerable time on the track in very capable hands, both behind the wheel and in the trenches of engineering.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
This indicates the car has spent considerable time on the track in very capable hands, both behind the wheel and in the trenches of engineering.
Precisely! Which, sigh of relief. And, honestly, props to Nissan for keeping it so under wraps - I feel like this forum has been really good at spotting leaks/spy photos/etc., and outside of the aforementioned mule testing last year, we've seen...nothing?

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
Also,

Guess I'm still skeptical, wonder where they did all this extensive testing and using what mule, a 370Z? Sounds good so far but I want to see numbers to back that up.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
While not a deal breaker, this is now the second official Nissan release which mentions Apple CarPlay, but does not specifically state it is wireless, unlike the spec sheets on other Nissan models which offer it.

I realize a couple You Tubers have said it is wireless, but until I either see something official from Nissan or see it with my own eyes, I won't believe it.