First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef
I hope all those that had booked a flight and room in advance can get a refund.
I'm not sure about airlines, but when I went for my hospitality management degree you can usually get your deposit back if you canceled within the time frame allowed by the hotel if you had made a reservation through them. If you used a third party or booker then you are usually out of luck. The only exception maybe the Force Majeure Law aka Act of God Clause. This applies in cases of sickness, death, and some court rulings have extended this to include COVID.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Nissan and the organizers (@Dan_Passe ?) can certainly still hold an outdoor event for the physical reveal, that will be even sweeter than the Auto Show. There is still hope...

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
You guys should read some of Z facebook comments.
i mean he is not wrong.

people can easily decide for themselves if it's worth going out for. but on the side of the people who put these events on with the amount of planning and govt restrictions it does sometimes make sense to cancel.

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
I'm completely gutted. We missed last year. So with all the new exciting cars coming....especially the Z, this was one of the most anticipated car shows in awhile. I was fearing this would happen with the spike in cases. Ugh!!

orclean1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic
Vaccine definitely work but the Aholes that don't believe that it works are spreading the variant , Image getting into a car at the show behind the wheel and pops in another interested party . OMG it could be a Z spreader . I'm going to the show on August 17 and will be outside with the possibility of seeing the car . Dan throw me a bone please

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
Vaccine definitely work but the Aholes that don't believe that it works are spreading the variant , Image getting into a car at the show behind the wheel and pops in another interested party . OMG it could be a Z spreader . I'm going to the show on August 17 and will be outside with the possibility of seeing the car . Dan throw me a bone please
It kinda worked. I still see a lot of new cases in people who got the stab too lol not trying to go off topic just saying the non fda approved vaccines kinda work.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
Well, i know what I'm doing tomorrow. Spending the day on the phone to the airline trying to get my ticket refunded. I need to get my show ticket refunded too, but I don't forsee that being as much of a hassle.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Well, i know what I'm doing tomorrow. Spending the day on the phone to the airline trying to get my ticket refunded. I need to get my show ticket refunded too, but I don't forsee that being as much of a hassle.
I'd suggest checking whatever airline app you booked - you may be able to sort without having to talk to a person live. Had luck recently on this front with Delta. Some airlines have been rather flexible and have extended policies during the pandemic, so hopefully it's not too much of a headache.

Otherwise, the news is unfortunate but I'm not surprised. Imagine it was a really tough decision to make, too, given we are what, less than 2 weeks out?