kittens

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none atm
UPDATE by @Dan_Passe (Nissan Communications Manager):

Source: https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/t...ow-officially-canceled-for-2021.354/post-7389

"17th remains a go - please tune in virtually @ www.nissanusa.com/live - I will try to answer additional questions as they come on by."[post source]

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a37223159/new-york-auto-show-canceled/

The show had been rescheduled to August but is now off due to the COVID-19 Delta variant and increasingly stringent restrictions in New York City.

• The New York auto show, previously rescheduled for August, has now been canceled.
  • The show said that it's due to a rise in COVID-19 Delta variant cases and stricter public-health measures put in place in New York City.
  • Debuts that were scheduled for the auto show include the Nissan 400Z, Subaru WRX, and Jeep Grand Cherokee plug-in hybrid.
The organizers of the New York auto show announced that the show has been canceled and will not take place in 2021. It had previously been rescheduled for August, a change from its typical place in the calendar in the spring. We're not sure what this means for the many new-vehicle debuts that were planned for the show, including the 2022 Subaru WRX, Nissan Z, and Jeep Grand Cherokee plug-in hybrid.

The show said in a statement that the cancelation is due to "the growing incidences of the Covid-19 Delta variant and the increased measures announced recently by State and local officials to stop its spread." The organizers now say that the next New York auto show will be in spring 2022. The show was also canceled in 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic after initially being rescheduled for August.

We will keep you updated about any news regarding the reveals that had been planned for this show. The Nissan Z debut is scheduled for August 17, a few days before the show, and the Subaru WRX is scheduled for August 19—we haven't heard about any changes to those plans yet, but stay tuned.

Screen-Shot-2021-08-04-at-10.22.30-AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
That sucks but the 17th is still a go correct?
I'm sure it will be. If anything they'll probably just do what they did for the Proto reveal and have no in-person audience. Hopefully this time around the production is much better though. The camera angles, lighting, and each overall segment of the Proto reveal did not do the car justice at all.

triso07

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z, Evo X
I've been looking forward to this for so long. What a shame.

Zboy

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z32
Does anyone know if there is a spike in Covid cases in New York? I just find it odd that the Chicago auto show went off as planned as week, but NY is getting canned.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Next hope is LA, still on schedule as far as we know here on the west coast. @Driver no, I don't think 'vaxines don't work' it's the other way around. Anyway, good that 8/17 Nissan still will reveal the 'specs' :)