Music Thread : What are you listening to?

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Bad mood: 2-Pac while mowing lawn bc my HOA has been on my case of not cutting grass

Good mood: Kaycee/ATB/Alice DJ and 90s trance when I'm working or doing the honey-do list.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I mainly listen to the golden era of hip hop. There's a few new emcees and DJs I listen to as well, but all that mainstream bullshit mumble fuckery that's out nowadays can go DIAF. Also get down to some rock (who doesn't love some Metallica, SOAD, FFDP, Disturbed, etc?), reggaeton (also salsa, merengue, bachata), techno-ish stuff (EDM, d+b, etc). Depends on my mood.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
There ain’t no decade like the 80s for music….Duran Duran, Models, U2, Depeche Mode, Bon Jovi, Guns and Roses, The Police, Brian Adams, INXS, Pet shop Boys, Fleetwood Mac, The Cure, Wham …could go on
My son just turned 14. He is infatuated with the 80's, all of it. I think the good vibes of the 80's aren't lost on him.
I didn't influence him, I usually listen to hardcore rap and he found the 80's on his own.

To the title of this thread....
I listen to everything. Hardcore rap, most forms of metal, outlaw country, techno, 70's pop/rock, jazz from the 40's through the 70's, swing...

My latest bender has been Ningen Isu, Mordred, and E-40.

The only thing off-limits to me is manufactured modern pop music. At my age I run the risk of outing myself as a curmudgeon when I say this, but it all sounds the same!

icinnabonass

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing Fun (Yet)
Occupation
Tech Startup
Depends on the mood. Trance, EDM or Oldschool Rap for when I need to get pumped up. 80s Ballads for long drives. Bachata/Salsa/Reggaeton when I want to feel cool. Initial D Eurobeat if I want to be a nerd and pretend I have cornering abilities.

Z32ttpearl

First Name
Ariel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx
Occupation
Truck Driver
For your new Z, most of you will need more "uplifting" songs. These videos are more like: couch/wine/beer.

Base on the sound system of the new Z and my mood will dictate my tempo.

When I take my Z32 out I play mixes with bass as it makes the sound system stands out:

Last edited:

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
I have an unhealthy obsession with Tool right now.

Sounds healthy to me! Easily my favorite band. I probably listened to Fear Inoculum 100 times that first month. Waited 13 years for it, I was getting my fill ?

Bought both digital and physical copies and haven't opened it yet...

1631848559382.png

Last edited:

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
i used to laugh at the bands with short hair that played some of the most brutal music ive heard.
then i realized they had to keep their clean cut look so they didnt get fired at their day jobs....at least until their albums sold enough they could quit lol...

Metal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8
Occupation
Engineer - Telecom
i used to laugh at the bands with short hair that played some of the most brutal music ive heard.
then i realized they had to keep their clean cut look so they didnt get fired at their day jobs....at least until their albums sold enough they could quit lol...

Early All That Remains is so good!