NissanZClub Markup Thread

raptor5244

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing
Lmao Nissan is going to get epically screwed. They have an overpriced car to begin with and dealers are throwing on retarded packages and mark ups
So true. I would be so pissed if I were the manufacturers. They sell the car to the dealer for invoice price of probably $49k and the greedy dealer more than doubles the price. I can't wait until the dealership model collapses when all these manufacturers start selling direct at some point.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
So true. I would be so pissed if I were the manufacturers. They sell the car to the dealer for invoice price of probably $49k and the greedy dealer more than doubles the price. I can't wait until the dealership model collapses when all these manufacturers start selling direct at some point.
All of these dealers are creating so much bad blood. It's not like they only get to do this for a few months, they've been at it for about 2 years now, and we likely have another 2 years of market issues to go. I think people will remember

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Haha, they are into Z06 territory. By the way, those are some expensive car washes.
if that free car wash is anything like the one at my toyota dealership, it's worthless. basically water hose with a yard sprinkler mounted to the ceiling...

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
All of these dealers are creating so much bad blood. It's not like they only get to do this for a few months, they've been at it for about 2 years now, and we likely have another 2 years of market issues to go. I think people will remember
sad thing is it seems like all dealerships, including the reputable ones are getting in on it.

the place i bought 2 new gen 3 tacomas for below msrp charged my father in law $5k over msrp because they didn't have any inventory and high demand.

i had recommended them to him, but was working the day he went to look at cars so i wasn't in on the wheeling and dealing part.

kinda upset me, but he was glad to get it because no one had anything on the lots. they claimed most vehicles were sold before they even arrived at the dealers.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
If we end up in a recession and people default their existing loans these dealership pigs will get slaughtered as they well deserve
They're out. They sold the car.

It's the bank's risk...

You'll have some people try to buy another cheaper car and let the current one go back. At the Credit Union, we rarely did a second ride for someone who had an open car and individual accounts.

Lvckv69

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 911
If we end up in a recession and people default their existing loans these dealership pigs will get slaughtered as they well deserve
We've been in a recession for months and it will only get worse. Massive layoffs in America is happening already

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
We've been in a recession for months and it will only get worse. Massive layoffs in America is happening already
Hmm I'm in IT and people still reaching out for hiring. Maybe it will all fall apart at some point. Not sure we're in a recession though. Whatever else is going on, there are a lot of people throwing money around at vehicles. Maybe there are two economies, and two tiers of society.

Lvckv69

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 911
Hmm I'm in IT and people still reaching out for hiring. Maybe it will all fall apart at some point. Not sure we're in a recession though. Whatever else is going on, there are a lot of people throwing money around at vehicles. Maybe there are two economies, and two tiers of society.
I'm in Finance. Even though we are not in recession "official" yet, but it remains a real risk as the inflation remains too high, negative GDP, Feds raising interest rates, the stock market is s***, half of US companies are gearing up for layoffs. Look at Ford, they just laid off 3,000. Tech companies are taking a hit too.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
The criteria for a recession seems to have slightly changed. We are not exhibiting all the classic symptoms of a recession as has happened in the past.

Low unemployment, job creation, and falling utility and fuel prices are not normally seen in a traditional recession.

I see the current dangers are supply chain issues due to existing COVID protocols in manufacturing and supplier countries, pent-up buying by higher income households in first-tier economies, and the resulting inflation caused by the first two issues.

This has all been caused by a once in a century health emergency in which we were not prepared and was mismanaged from the beginning.

It's going to be a tough couple of years for the average consumer.

Auto companies are transitioning to an EV world. Ford's recent layoffs are a result of the transition.