First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
The latest from the Gwinett Dealer in GA:

Hello Pendragon,

So far the highest bidder we have is $15k mark up. So unfortunately I can't do $8k. If you can do better than $15k I can go to management to see if they would consider?

Hahahahaha, oh man. This is priceless. Congrats to whomever is paying the 15k over. I hope you enjoy it! I don't fault or judge you, it's just not something I'm willing to do.
This is no different than what is happening with the Corvette C8. Just Simple
Economics. Supply and Demand. I hope they go for 100k plus. The higher they are sold for the less likely they will be flipped. And the more likely they will hold a higher value.

pendragon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1978 280z (Sold) 2019 Volvo XC40 R Design
I qui
Economics. Supply and Demand. I hope they go for 100k plus. The higher they are sold for the less likely they will be flipped. And the more likely they will hold a higher value.
I quite clearly understand consumerism and Capitalism. If the market continues to dictate, then why would the dealers not charge the inflated prices? An item is always worth what someone is willing to pay for it, not an arbitrary number that the manufacturer dictates.

If you want to pay 100k, please feel free to do so. I choose to invest that additional 50k for an almost certainly much better return then blowing it on vehicle I value at much less.

In the end, my point still stands. I don't judge or Pidgeon hole an individual based on their own monetary decisions. It's just not for me.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I'm seeing C8s sitting on lots in northern VA. Two dealers so far.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
To small a Sample.
I just find it odd that ANY are on lots based on the demand. Especially in this area where people daily drive super cars.

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
I'm seeing C8s sitting on lots in northern VA. Two dealers so far.
They made/are making an absolute crap ton of them. The numbers are mind boggling and make them not so special (IMHO)

Going to be a bunch of used ones for sale as the Z06 gets out there too. Bet 90% of Z06 buyers have a c8 now

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
I hope the Zs don't go for 100k plus. I don't care for that kind of exclusive big spender scene. I've seen it ruin what I like about certain vehicles and the hobby. As a hobbyist into vehicles, I'd rather Zs go to folks (big spending or not) who will enjoy and use the functionalities that make a particular vehicle special.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Similar here.

The dozen or so of used C8's (some actually used, i.e. with several thousand miles on them, and of course there's one with like, 7 miles that's being sold as "used") within my immediate vicinity are still going for north of 100k. Some of which have been for sale at those bonkers prices for awhile now, too, and yet the dealers still think someone will bite. I don't get it.

Anyway, I'm hoping people don't actually convert on these astronomical Proto markups, but I'm sure I'll be proven wrong. A few, fine. Just don't let it be the norm.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
How much are they asking?

We have cars on lots here too. For between 30-75% markups.

Can't believe they'd be sitting there at MSRP
No clue. I'm gonna stop by when I have time and check it out.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
was hoping those 2 dealers that joined here would chime in. one said they never sell over msrp, can't remember his name.

last i heard @McLovin157 was saying $5k over. hadn't seen him on the boards in a while...

Nezluver66

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 toyota gr supra 3.0 premium
The latest from the Gwinett Dealer in GA:

Hello Pendragon,

So far the highest bidder we have is $15k mark up. So unfortunately I can't do $8k. If you can do better than $15k I can go to management to see if they would consider?

Hahahahaha, oh man. This is priceless. Congrats to whomever is paying the 15k over. I hope you enjoy it! I don't fault or judge you, it's just not something I'm willing to do.
Nalley Nissan of Cumming GA is having an auction for the Proto spec. Give them a call. I'll be there just to see it in person.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Nalley Nissan of Cumming GA is having an auction for the Proto spec. Give them a call. I'll be there just to see it in person.
benefiting charity?

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
I wouldn’t be surprised to see a few ion Bringatrailer.com soon. Dealers are selling new C8’s on this bidding site.