NissanZClub Markup Thread

kittens

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none atm
91k (or 110k+ if you include those BS line items) for a Z? lol

if supply ever resolves itself hopefully people remember the dealers that did this. I may as well get on a list for a C8 at this point. I can wait now since at least I have a miata to play with. also WTF at the additional items just call it more markup like it is. Most of those are a few hundred bucks

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
91k (or 110k+ if you include those BS line items) for a Z? lol

if supply ever resolves itself hopefully people remember the dealers that did this. I may as well get on a list for a C8 at this point. I can wait now since at least I have a miata to play with. also WTF at the additional items just call it more markup like it is. Most of those are a few hundred bucks
Totally Agree....The Z is not a C8....and not worth more or as much as a C8 as a "Sports Car" . But people can do what they want if there are willing buyers. And I can tell you that there was a Datsun 240z that sold for 310,000$ a few years back on BAT because someone had the money and wanted the car. Crazy Reality.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
1 of 240 available in the US, price is $91,000 plus dealer install features.
DBD9AEEC-54F5-4278-BFBD-0AB58C78B5F7.jpeg
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

If you're gonna rape consumers by charging double, maybe stop calling it a 400Z. Serious buyers want serious sales people who have a clue about the product they're selling.

adacl44

First Name
Ada
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z 2015
Occupation
salas department
wondering to know wich dealer can speak like this? :(

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What the Heck is 2k Environmental Package?? Something made up to charge more?? Either way this is nuts but folks might pay it if they have the funds and want the Beautiful Car now. Regardless that is 82.08% higher than MSRP...OH MY...and add Florida State Tax of 6% assuming you live there...stroke a check for $105,987.28 almost Double the sticker:(

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
wondering to know wich dealer can speak like this? :(
now a days a dealer can say or charge whatever they want no matter how crazy...sad times!

What the Heck is 2k Environmental Package?? Something made up to charge more?? Either way this is nuts but folks might pay it if they have the funds and want the Beautiful Car now. Regardless that is 82.08% higher than MSRP...OH MY...and add Florida State Tax of 6% assuming you live there...stroke a check for $105,987.28 almost Double the sticker:(
i know you said you paid a little over sticker, but compared to what everyone else is asking, you got a bargain. were you friends with your dealer?

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yep, agree with you. As part of reducing inflation, the fed will likely need to impact the employment picture to reduce people's spending and start to slow demand so that prices begin to stabilize and decrease. The next 12-24 months will be interesting - especially since nothing economically has been "normal", or what was predicted.
Interestingly there are those that think deflation might happen if the FED overplays interest rate hikes. IMHO we are just dealing with the reality of effects of a Covid shutdown. Politicians need to know that they can’t just shut down an economy and expect it to restart back to normalcy in a short time. Supply chain issue needs to resolve itself and that won’t happen overnight. I have Zero confidence in the FED and interest rate policy. Additionally the reality is Politicians are printing money without considering the long term consequences of doing so INFLATION) just to buy votes retain there positions (buying votes). Free money is Very Expensive!!! In this sense politicians are not on the same page as the FED in attempting to slow so called inflation with interest rate increases. Instead maybe the FED should stop the increases and let the FREE markets and supply chain work there way back to normal. They really have no clue how to proceed. So here we are navigating unknown waters and unseen storms without an end in sight. I only wish my Best to All involved!

Last edited:

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
now a days a dealer can say or charge whatever they want no matter how crazy...sad times!

i know you said you paid a little over sticker, but compared to what everyone else is asking, you got a bargain. were you friends with your dealer?
I wasn’t friends with the dealer. But was with a long term Salesperson. Additionally I asked to be on the list maybe several years ago. I got lucky this time. Also I had purchased or leased 5 or 7 vehicles for the same dealer over my lifetime. I’m Thankful for Sure.

Z06fan

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevrolet SS Sedan, Mini Cooper S
Occupation
entrepreneur
Interestingly there are those that think deflation might happen if the FED overplays interest rate hikes. IMHO we are just dealing with the reality of effects of a Covid shutdown. Politicians need to know that they can’t just shut down an economy and expect it to restart back to normalcy in a short time. Supply chain issue needs to resolve itself and that won’t happen overnight. I have Zero confidence in the FED and interest rate policy. Additionally the reality is Politicians are printing money without considering the long term consequences of doing so INFLATION) just to buy votes retain there positions (buying votes). Free money is Very Expensive!!! In this sense politicians are not on the same page as the FED in attempting to slow so called inflation with interest rate increases. Instead maybe the FED should stop the increases and let the FREE markets and supply chain work there way back to normal. They really have no clue how to proceed. So here we are navigating unknown waters and unseen storms without an end in sight. I only wish my Best to All involved!
Yeah, it's an interesting time like nothing else we've seen historically. It's humorous to watch CNBC each morning and see investors predict when/if we're going into a recession and the long term impact of the interest rate increases. Glad to see that inflation will only be "transitory", lol.

I agree - we need to let the supply chain and business do their job and get it resolved. Business creates innovation & solutions. Governments create hurdles.