NissanZClub Markup Thread

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
The majority of people that do pay those crazy ADM are likely only going to drive them on the weekends and then sell them in a year or two. And that is exactly what I plan on waiting for. A clean low mileage 2023 Z in my ideal spec, 1 owner, less than 10k miles, certified pre-owned by Billy Bob who kept it completely stock, only took it out for a weekend stroll and did all the maintenance to a T. There will be plenty of them like that on the market.

I also have no problem waiting because I'm actually curious to see if any issues arise with the motor or transmissions. My friend has a 18' Q60 Red Sport and at least 1 or both of his turbos just went. I believe Nissan stated they took note of the issues that plagued the Q60 Red Sport, but still, it takes real world testing for extended periods of time by consumers to really show what is or isn't fixed.
I won't be selling my Proto. So now only 239 to chose from:)

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Usually, on these vehicles a full set of covers from Nissan would be about $2k.... much better deal than paying ADM on a Proto IMO
You'd still need all the other interior trim pieces that have the yellow stitching.
1660518818740.png

Creating (faking) limited/special edition cars is not cool and has been around forever.
Enthusiasts will just point out what's missing and why it's fake. There's always a way to tell.
It was huge in Australia in the 2000s for all the grey import Japanese cars.
I expect that with all the 25 years+ JDM cars going to the US there will be an abundance of "rare" JDM cars for sale.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
your not talking about the 20 of 10 built Z tune R34 that were driving around Melbourne are you!

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
You'd still need all the other interior trim pieces that have the yellow stitching.
1660518818740.png
Good point!

Still. No quantifiable advantage to the "Proto".

If the only way to get that blue interior was with a "Proto" I'd be fooked. Fortunately, I don't see the appeal of yellow.

I do prefer the Proto bronze wheels. But I can always send the wheels out, seeing as how it's the same damn wheels

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Good point!

If the only way to get that blue interior was with a "Proto" I'd be fooked. Fortunately, I don't see the appeal of yellow.

I do prefer the Proto bronze wheels. But I can always send the wheels out, seeing as how it's the same damn wheels
They really should've had proto exclusive wheels at an absolute minimum.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
They really should've had proto exclusive wheels at an absolute minimum.
Agreed, especially considering their longstanding relationship with Rays. The possibilities are endless.

Some subtle branding cues would have been neat, tooā€”like a plaque identifying the build number, or "Proto Spec" somewhere on the car. Little things that make a big difference.

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Good point!

Doesnā€™t matter what Mud does canā€™t make a performance model a proto! Going to have to buy one!

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Doesnā€™t matter what Mud does canā€™t make a performance model a proto! Going to have to buy one!
hey hey hey.
I didn't say I was doing anything.
did you read my post properly?

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Totally agree, my Peugeot was collectable (500 world wide madeā€¦only around 200 left) I can tell you I didnā€™t get back what I paid even in this marketā€¦.and our Lotus esprit (exactly like James Bond drove) was the same.

If you are buying it just to make money then you are buying for the wrong reasonā€¦ and the way things are shaping upā€¦ the rosewood auto will probs be more collectable.
hey hey hey.
I didn't say I was doing anything.
did you read my post properly?
Probably not . Distracted by my mobile device :) Just wish all the Discussion about Protoā€™s would be more positive. I get that they donā€™t have as many unique add onā€™s as some would wish. At least Nissan is trying to create some excitement with a limited release without breaking the bank. I think the Dealer ADM markups has caused a lot of the negativity on the Proto.

pendragon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1978 280z (Sold) 2019 Volvo XC40 R Design
The latest from the Gwinett Dealer in GA:

Hello Pendragon,

So far the highest bidder we have is $15k mark up. So unfortunately I can't do $8k. If you can do better than $15k I can go to management to see if they would consider?

Hahahahaha, oh man. This is priceless. Congrats to whomever is paying the 15k over. I hope you enjoy it! I don't fault or judge you, it's just not something I'm willing to do.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
The latest from the Gwinett Dealer in GA:

Hello Pendragon,

So far the highest bidder we have is $15k mark up. So unfortunately I can't do $8k. If you can do better than $15k I can go to management to see if they would consider?

Hahahahaha, oh man. This is priceless. Congrats to whomever is paying the 15k over. I hope you enjoy it! I don't fault or judge you, it's just not something I'm willing to do.
wow...dealers are trying to be ebay or bat. let the bidding begin!