NissanZClub Markup Thread

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
I cant wait to see all the new YouTube thumbnails "I paid how much for the new Z!!?? šŸ˜³".

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
To pile onto the whole used car market fiasco.....

If anyone thinks traditional logic applies, go look at used car transaction prices.

Most cars under 5 years old are selling for their original MSRP.

Many cars less than 5 years old have been selling above their original MSRP.

Only the jankiest used vehicles have been selling below their original MSRP, however you may still be paying nearly double for that iffy vehicle than you would otherwise.

Even if/when a correction comes, it'll be slow. The less new cars made every year is a compounding issue for the future used car market, affecting prices for years.
Tru, I bought my 2007 350 2 years ago for 18k.

I'm in Taiwan now and not to gloss anything over, things are day to day over here. Factory is running at full capacity, we're working until late nights (unheard of a few months ago as we weren't allowed to mix Day shift / Night shift to easily track covid exposures) and now we working weekends. We had a day where we didn't go to work because (AND No Bull Shit Here) there were literally missile streaks across the skies over Taiwan from these things being launched across the strait LITERALLY Right Over Us. Got to hand it to the people here as they are Tough AF and keep grinding their day in and day out lives. That one day caused a huge disruption in output; 2 weeks ago when the drunken witch paid a visit the strait was shut down and natural gas and coal freighters couldn't make it through and we had power disruptions.

Shit goes bad here it'll echo through out the entire world for who knows how long. Buckle up kids as this party is just getting started . . .

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
Long term one of 240 is collectible. Assuming you donā€™t drive and mod the crap out of it. So I see some value in ADM. but if I was buying a daily driver heck no I would wait and wait till MSRP or less.
IMO the future collectibility of these Protos is being vastly overplayed.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Totally agree, my Peugeot was collectable (500 world wide madeā€¦only around 200 left) I can tell you I didnā€™t get back what I paid even in this marketā€¦.and our Lotus esprit (exactly like James Bond drove) was the same.

If you are buying it just to make money then you are buying for the wrong reasonā€¦ and the way things are shaping upā€¦ the rosewood auto will probs be more collectable.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
from what i read and maybe im wrong but its not 240 world wide i saw something mention that 240 were going to the US and 240 to aus etc etc

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I agree, it's just not special enough.

If someone were to acquire Proto seats from a wrecked Z, then send their wheels and calipers out for powdercoating....boom, they now have a Proto. The only hangup will be the seats, but if someone were so inclined, they could buy the seat covers from Nissan (while they are still being produced, not 25 years from now) and swap the covers over. The seats are the exact same foam.

It'd be way more difficult to convert a Sport into a Performance.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
If someone were to acquire Proto seats from a wrecked Z, then send their wheels and calipers out for powdercoating....boom, they now have a Proto.
I was about to say that building a replica Proto would be utterly ridiculous. Butā€¦ on the off chance Protos are more desirable in years to come, are they stamped with build numbers eg. 1/240 or 1/1000?

forcer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E550
I was about to say that building a replica Proto would be utterly ridiculous. Butā€¦ on the off chance Protos are more desirable in years to come, are they stamped with build numbers eg. 1/240 or 1/1000?
dont think it is the case herešŸ˜‚ proto has absolutely nothing special, unfortunately

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I donā€™t recall any mention of a plate or anything. Identification via VIN, perhaps?

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
if not special, theoretically the vin numbers would be really really low...like -001 to 240. curious if the mfg test cars, media cars have have vins and if that would disrupt the numbering pattern?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Like a dash plaque? Maybe.

It'd probably be in the VIN.

But still, not special enough for anyone to care. I mean you'd have to be a real numbers snob to give a crap about that! It's not like it's an old Integra Type-R, sure you could make a replica, but could you do the body enhancements like more welds and less sound deadening that Honda did at the factory? A prospective Type-R buyer would be wise to check VIN to be sure the body shell is Type-R, I don't think you could tell otherwise. A Proto Z...the only specialness is in the VIN, I bet.

I would suggest that anyone who must have a Proto, but can't get one, consider buying a Yellow Performance Z and then go through Nissan parts and buy the seat covers. With only 240 Protos per region being offered, getting junkyard Proto seats would be unlikely, but Nissan will have spare parts available for at least during the production era of this version of Z, so don't wait until the Z is discontinued to try and buy covers.

Usually, on these vehicles a full set of covers from Nissan would be about $2k.... much better deal than paying ADM on a Proto IMO

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Nissan would be smart to include a dash or console plaque for the Proto Spec, would make it more exclusive and up their value in the future. This, even if all the add-ons are strictly cosmetic.

Westeem

First Name
Wesgoo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Camry
Occupation
Retired
Just received text from my local dealer for an automatic proto spec coming in next month for "around" 65k.
Looks like markup about 10k.

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
from what i read and maybe im wrong but its not 240 world wide i saw something mention that 240 were going to the US and 240 to aus etc etc
240 Proto's for the US Market and 120 in Australia. Per Nissan.