NissanZClub Markup Thread

raptor5244

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing
man i get that the proto is 1 of 240 but its the same yellow as the normal z bronze wheels and yellow on the seats , thats all or am i missing something
You are missing the $10k-$15k in ADM to get that color combo and a fairlady Z badge. ;)

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Nissan's official statement on the gouging:

UPDATE: Nissan replied with this statement: "As Nissan invests in our future together, we are focused on delivering strong customer satisfaction. Our Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices (MSRP) are determined after extensive research to provide the right value proposition for the customer, however, the final price of a vehicle is determined by the selling dealer. We expect dealers to be transparent with customers regarding pricing, which will help to increase loyalty for future purchases and service.".

Source: https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/cars/news-blog/nissan-z-proto-spec-markups-are-absurd-44496581

Basically Nissan is telling the dealer to look the customer in the eyes as they ass pound them

Last edited:

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
yeah Nissan does not want it however as it kills loyalty and they don;t get the $$$.
so for them Mark ups are a bad thing. But contractually right now they are SOL

“It’s been widely publicized in the industry that a lot of people are paying over MSRP. We know that prices have been escalating and continue to reach near record highs virtually every month,” said Julie Kenar, senior vice president at GfK AutoMobility. “This notion of paying sticker and even above sticker is absolutely something that’s come really over the past 18 months.”​
In May and June, 80 percent of car buyers paid at or above the sticker price, the research showed. In addition, 31 percent of buyers who paid above sticker said they would tell others not to go to the dealership they used, and 27 percent said they would not return to the dealership for service.​
Twenty-seven percent of respondents said they would not buy from the same brand if they were charged more than the sticker price, and 23 percent said it negatively impacted their opinion of the brand. As a result, automakers have had to manage the negative criticism they face because of dealerships’ prices, Kenar said.​

https://www.theautopian.com/automakers-arent-terribly-happy-with-the-senates-new-ev-credit-deal/

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
Nissan's official statement on the gouging:

UPDATE: Nissan replied with this statement: "As Nissan invests in our future together, we are focused on delivering strong customer satisfaction. Our Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices (MSRP) are determined after extensive research to provide the right value proposition for the customer, however, the final price of a vehicle is determined by the selling dealer. We expect dealers to be transparent with customers regarding pricing, which will help to increase loyalty for future purchases and service.".

Source: https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/cars/news-blog/nissan-z-proto-spec-markups-are-absurd-44496581

Basically Nissan is telling the dealer to look the customer in the eyes as they ass pound them
lol like that dan guy oh we did marketing research and u guys wanted a 50k plus Z i clearly wasnt part of that program

TitanZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Titan SL 4x4 Midnight Edition
These dealer sales teams probably even charge their own mom an ADM and add-on tire nitrogen, greedy rat bastards. The worst part is all of the brands' dealer networks are colluding together to control the used car market as well. They are dictating higher "market pricing" by taking their new inventory with 6 miles on the odometer and signing it over to brother Ralph's dealership down the street so Ralph can list it as USED with a steep market adjustment basically equal to ADM if selling it as new, so these ass clowns are controlling both markets with their shenanigans...meanwhile I sit back and hope to win an Omaze raffle for a sweet new ride.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I'm sitting in the local Toyota dealer getting my wife's car serviced, already scheduled the $29.95 oil change and they're trying to tell me it's going to be $100 then they try to sell me on a $250 service. Acting shocked when I show them my appointment email says $29.95

Fuck all of these dealers are AIDS now. Trying to screw me on services too.

Corporate Toyota or Nissan absolutely doesn't care. They need to reign these bitches in or I'm never going to buy new again. I can fix my own cars too so eff them.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I'm sitting in the local Toyota dealer getting my wife's car serviced, already scheduled the $29.95 oil change and they're trying to tell me it's going to be $100 then they try to sell me on a $250 service. Acting shocked when I show them my appointment email says $29.95

Corporate Toyota or Nissan absolutely doesn't care. They need to reign these bitches in or I'm never going to buy new again. I can fix my own cars too so eff them.
I just can’t believe it….servicing too?
In Aus this is false advertising any day of the week, and the dealership would be in serious trouble
I just don’t get how they can do it, and sorry but I don’t understand anyone defending dealer mark ups. It’s just highway robbery.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I just can’t believe it….servicing too?
In Aus this is false advertising any day of the week, and the dealership would be in serious trouble
I just don’t get how they can do it, and sorry but I don’t understand anyone defending dealer mark ups. It’s just highway robbery.
Yup, dealership too.

I was recently quoted $12,000 to replace the exhaust manifolds on my Nissan Titan (the parts were at 300% markup and they said they'd need to have a local welder do some of the work. I call BS) at the same dealership I'd attempt to buy a new Z from.

The Tesla sales model is looking really good these days. Too bad I don't need or want a Tesla.

I've been trying to buy a new truck for 9 months and it's been a totally fooked experience, I have absolutely no misconceptions that anyone's getting a Z at MSRP....

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer

Was it Swickard? Those fookers are slimy.

-RJM

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Was it Swickard? Those fookers are slimy.

-RJM
Rodland.

Swickard sucks too.

We bought my wife's car right before COVID and when it was Magic Toyota, was $5k less than Rodland.

However, getting her car serviced at Swickard was bizarre, they have very bad service department management.

I will say, when Rodland was asking $5495 ADM on the new Tundra, Swickard only wanted $995 ADM for basically the same Tundra.

Edit: they have two 6MT 86's here with no pricing....
IMG_20220810_170748944_HDR.jpg

Another edit: those GRs are "used" and going for $40k. This dealership has lots of "used" new cars

Last edited:

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
Rodland.

Swickard sucks too.

We bought my wife's car right before COVID and when it was Magic Toyota, was $5k less than Rodland.

However, getting her car serviced at Swickard was bizarre, they have very bad service department management.

I will say, when Rodland was asking $5495 ADM on the new Tundra, Swickard only wanted $995 ADM for basically the same Tundra.

Edit: they have two 6MT 86's here with no pricing....
IMG_20220810_170748944_HDR.jpg
Probably going to have open bidding on them to the highest buyer.

-RJM