First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
man i get that the proto is 1 of 240 but its the same yellow as the normal z bronze wheels and yellow on the seats , thats all or am i missing something

pendragon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1978 280z (Sold) 2019 Volvo XC40 R Design
man i get that the proto is 1 of 240 but its the same yellow as the normal z bronze wheels and yellow on the seats , thats all or am i missing something
Extra 50k to walk around telling yourself you got 1 of 240, and the entire rest of the world not giving a shit.

I will own one, but not today, and not the proto. Hell the locals are telling me if I'm not interested in the proto then they only expect the performance to be marked up about 10k.

Pass.

So glad I got my Volvo direct from Volvo. No dealers. No markup. The price quoted was the price I paid.

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
Long term one of 240 is collectible. Assuming you don’t drive and mod the crap out of it. So I see some value in ADM. but if I was buying a daily driver heck no I would wait and wait till MSRP or less.

TitanZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Titan SL 4x4 Midnight Edition
Pullup the Z on Autotrader nationwide search and there's 9 Protos advertised today, a handful of them advertised at MSRP of $54K, but I guess you'll have to go into the dealership to be slapped with the cold hard reality of add-ons and ADM. This listing actually makes you think you'll be paying less than MSRP because it has a line through that price and says to check with them for qualified discounts...lol!

1660156928867.png

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pullup the Z on Autotrader nationwide search and there's 9 Protos advertised today, a handful of them advertised at MSRP of $54K, but I guess you'll have to go into the dealership to be slapped with the cold hard reality of add-ons and ADM. This listing actually makes you think you'll be paying less than MSRP because it has a line through that price and says to check with them for qualified discounts...lol!

1660156928867.png
That’s all BS advertising as we all already know. Get in here and we will kick you in the balls with ADM and market pricing etc etc dealership antics!!!

TitanZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Titan SL 4x4 Midnight Edition
Here's a Proto listed at Performance Nissan at MSRP and also says it's a recent arrival (blatant lie to get you to come in, right, because all Protos are still intrasit). Check out all the arbitrary fees listed, basically they reserve the right to pile drive you into the ground with fees...and also you must finance through them or "lose $2K in discounts"...wow...scum bags.

1660157904642.png

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I don't know why people are OK with ANY kind of mark up.
No one is …just like my food and gas prices. It’s the same price increase just a different medium/process of increasing/collecting it.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Human reaction to scarcity. Evolutionary baggage. Could probably get some folks to buy dog poop, if convinced it was in demand and hard to get. :)

"Get it before it's too late" is a common marketing ploy as old as the hills. Scarcity and exclusivity can be big draws depending on the person.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Human reaction to scarcity. Evolutionary baggage. Could probably get some folks to buy dog poop, if convinced it was in demand and hard to get. :)

"Get it before it's too late" is a common marketing ploy as old as the hills. Scarcity and exclusivity can be big draws depending on the person.
Toilet paper