First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
All them complaining when Nissan released Z pricing probably the ones would be willing to pay the exorbitant price
Yeah no. You really think people who don't want to pay $50k for a car they already believe is overpriced would throw an entire other car's worth of money on top of that because dealers are greedy as fuck?

I've been bitching about the MSRP since it was announced. There's no fucking shot I'd pay these ADMs.

Ckynus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Film
The whole marketing campaign for this car is structured around "classic styling 400hp for under 40k"

While we all understand that is the fantasy land of marketing and knew it would be more I just was not expecting double.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
There's an old saying in the car bid-ness:

"You can't get it unless you ask..."

OP
OP
zwannabe

zwannabe

First Name
z-being
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
96 supra mk4, 2023 nissan z
another dealer called with 30K markup. damn must be lots pf pp swimming in money these days, inflation is insane. free money pouring in the last 2 yrs now are oozing backout, great job fed!

TitanZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Titan SL 4x4 Midnight Edition
If any of these Nissan dealerships take a page out of Ford's shady dealer playbook, they may also require you to use their financing regardless of you coming to the table pre-approved with a lower rate from your own bank and they may also require you to trade-in a vehicle as part of the transaction. They can cram their ADM with walnuts...

OP
OP
zwannabe

zwannabe

First Name
z-being
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
96 supra mk4, 2023 nissan z
if buyers are having money hand over fist wanting so much to give away to dealers then it's all good for both sides. heheh...it's unavoidable in inflation periods. What i hope is the situation will calm down over time. it may take 2 yrs for market to absorb all this surplus money and start manufacturing again. only us consumers in general suffer from's fed uncontrollable printing machine.

raptor5244

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing
another dealer called with 30K markup. damn must be lots pf pp swimming in money these days, inflation is insane. free money pouring in the last 2 yrs now are oozing backout, great job fed!
haha, $30k. You can buy a new GR86/BRZ for as much as the ADM.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
if buyers are having money hand over fist wanting so much to give away to dealers then it's all good for both sides. heheh...it's unavoidable in inflation periods. What i hope is the situation will calm down over time. it may take 2 yrs for market to absorb all this surplus money and start manufacturing again. only us consumers in general suffer from's fed uncontrollable printing machine.
ADM has nothing to do with inflation and everything to do with greediness and taking advantage of customers.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
ADM has nothing to do with inflation and everything to do with greediness and taking advantage of customers.
My thoughts exactly. Dealerships and Dealership families taking advantage of the shitty supply chain issues, and trying to maximize profits since their inventory is relatively low.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
There's an old saying in the car bid-ness:

"You can't get it unless you ask..."
Speaking of, is there any way from a public POV where we could track if and when people (who aren’t on this forum/don’t self-report to that markup tracking site) buy these marked up Protos? guessing we would collate VINs and use something like carfax for sales. Don’t think that would capture sales price though…

Might be an interesting data point to monitor.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Blame liberals. Both in US and Canada

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Blame liberals. Both in US and Canada
Big spenders stepping to front of lines is a thing in some societies, a function of money makes right, and hardly something to blame on liberals. Everyone is a so called free market capitalist, until it takes a bite out of their pie, lol. The first Zs were always mostly going to big spenders, at least in the USA.