zwannabe

zwannabe

First Name
z-being
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
96 supra mk4, 2023 nissan z
dealers markup bc there is not an abundance of them. why not? bc supply chain broken due to covid that in turn cause shortage of products. but how do pp afford high price ? i think partly bc surplus money coming from fed zero rates that cause house shopping frenzy in turn doubling house price in many markets, this generational housing weath enables pp to do (or not do) a lot of things including paying markups for products that used not to be so. oc there are other factors and weathy pp besides this but definitely a good % of the new wealth is fr the recent housing price rise.

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
I got the call from my salesperson at my dealership that my Proto Spec Z is in production this month and should be delivered by Mid September. $500 deposit in and 10k non negotiable ADM. so I guess Iā€™m gonna pay it. Reluctantly! Will the 240 protoā€™s be numbered Iā€™m wondering?? Can I tell by my VIN # shown here??

Last edited:

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Blame liberals. Both in US and Canada
To be clear, I don't like liberals in the USA, at all.

However, I'm not so sure the current trend of stupid buying habits is really their fault.

I feel like the way people are burning through money on new, hard to find vehicles, with massive markups, is likely due to people not good at fiscal responsibility. I would bet, when you see someone rocking a new, hard to get Rivian, Bronco, C8.... whatever it is, there's likely a HELOC loan involved. And the real estate mess is insane, has little to do with any one political ideology.

Now, if you're talking about people living in section 8 with expensive rims, top of the line smartphones and kids on free lunch.... well that's more like what you're identifying.....

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
To be clear, I don't like liberals in the USA, at all.

However, I'm not so sure the current trend of stupid buying habits is really their fault.

I feel like the way people are burning through money on new, hard to find vehicles, with massive markups, is likely due to people not good at fiscal responsibility. I would bet, when you see someone rocking a new, hard to get Rivian, Bronco, C8.... whatever it is, there's likely a HELOC loan involved. And the real estate mess is insane, has little to do with any one political ideology.

Now, if you're talking about people living in section 8 with expensive rims, top of the line smartphones and kids on free lunch.... well that's more like what you're identifying.....
There are also many folks that have invested and profited greatly from the Trump era stock market run up!

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I got the call from my salesperson at my dealership that my Proto Spec Z is in production this month and should be delivered by Mid September. $500 deposit in and 10k non negotiable ADM. so I guess Iā€™m gonna pay it. Reluctantly! Will the 240 protoā€™s be numbered Iā€™m wondering?? Can I tell by my VIN # shown here??
Curious how this plays out, max $10K ADM for a Proto Spec, keep us updated and pics after you pull it up your driveway. Good luck, let's see if this dealer is legit.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Listen, people getting $2,500 extra money is not going to give them the ability or desire to go out a buy a new - or used car. In fact, the average age of on the street cars has lengthened to a new record -almost fourteen years.

Housing buying is not poor people using that money, either.

Rich people pocketed to the money, mid income probably paid off debt or blew it on furniture, TV, etc, and the poor bought food to eat.

Now, credit card debt is at a record high, savings at a record low. Inflation can be blamed for some, a two year devastating period of economic upheaval is the rest of it.

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Curious how this plays out, max $10K ADM for a Proto Spec, keep us updated and pics after you pull it up your driveway. Good luck, let's see if this dealer is legit.
Dealer is definitely legit. Have purchased 5 cars over the years from the same group. Salesperson texted me the VIN too.

0719EDA4-29A9-47EA-A347-B2D7E30C97CB.jpeg

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Listen, people getting $2,500 extra money is not going to give them the ability or desire to go out a buy a new - or used car. In fact, the average age of on the street cars has lengthened to a new record -almost fourteen years.

Housing buying is not poor people using that money, either.

Rich people pocketed to the money, mid income probably paid off debt or blew it on furniture, TV, etc, and the poor bought food to eat.

Now, credit card debt is at a record high, savings at a record low. Inflation can be blamed for some, a two year devastating period of economic upheaval is the rest of it.
You Hit the nail on the head!

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Let's bet @71zman is going to flip it, hmmm ;) I hope not though, a manual Proto Spec is indeed special .
Not gonna flip it @trackrstZ! Flippers Piss me offšŸ¤¬šŸ˜”! My C8 wonā€™t be flipped either. Paid MSRP for it. And yes I drive and am gonna drive this Z. Itā€™s sad to me when peeps just let them sit ā€¦they were made to enjoy in this life!

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
dealers markup bc there is not an abundance of them. why not? bc supply chain broken due to covid that in turn cause shortage of products. but how do pp afford high price ? i think partly bc surplus money coming from fed zero rates that cause house shopping frenzy in turn doubling house price in many markets, this generational housing weath enables pp to do (or not do) a lot of things including paying markups for products that used not to be so. oc there are other factors and weathy pp besides this but definitely a good % of the new wealth is fr the recent housing price rise.
No. Regardless of the current economic situation caused by COVID and our shit government there would still only be 240 Protos built. That's not a supply chain issue. Therefore, it's just straight greediness on the dealer's part.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Not gonna flip it @trackrstZ! Flippers Piss me offšŸ¤¬šŸ˜”! My C8 wonā€™t be flipped either. Paid MSRP for it. And yes I drive and am gonna drive this Z. Itā€™s sad to me when peeps just let them sit ā€¦they were made to enjoy in this life!
Great to hearā€¦itā€™s the first real order we have seen, even in front of Aus and Canadaā€¦because you are the first with a VIN.
Me personally Iā€™m heading into the dealer this morning to cancel.
Iā€™ve been waiting a year and a half for a Coupe and still not even a glimmer of information as to when they will arrive.
So to the boys in Aus, youā€™ll get confirmation they are coming next weekā€¦.because thatā€™s just how my luck rolls

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bus
Great to hearā€¦itā€™s the first real order we have seen, even in front of Aus and Canadaā€¦because you are the first with a VIN.
1659920104949.png

The Australian VINS should all be in already and earlier build dates then the US, so they will be here sooner. :)