First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Im sure some of them just list it at that price but once you either call them or walk in the door its a different story
I'd bet on this. It's all bait until you step in and see the actual window sticker. Prove me wrong, then I'll make a road trip. 😁

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Im sure some of them just list it at that price but once you either call them or walk in the door its a different story
I'd bet on this. It's all bait until you step in and see the actual window sticker. Prove me wrong, then I'll make a road trip. 😁
im gonna test this theory today when dealers open. there are a couple protos listed for msrp within a few hundred miles of me.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
its a trick to get you in the door its not a mark up its msrp with market adjustments

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
so according to this dealership the have a gray proto. even has a vin 😂

Screenshot_20220805-080909_Chrome.jpg

Ckynus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Film
Just got the call. They have 1 of the 12 protos designated for my area coming in 2 weeks. I tried to just do the transaction over the phone but they want me to swing by later today to meet with the salesman. Sounds like I am getting a sales pitch, does anyone have some intel I could arm myself with going into this meeting?

raptor5244

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing
This crap is why dealers will be extinct soon. The manufacturers don't want this happening, they have nothing to gain from a dealer adding $20k. In fact, it hurts them, tarnishes the brand, frustrates buyers, etc. GM is stopping the flippers by voiding the warranty if you sell a Corvette sooner than 12 months. Ford is cracking down on dealers by forcing them to take 80% of their orders online at the advertised price. If they violate it they lose their allocations, 3 strikes and the Ford kicks them to the curb.

I beg of you, don't pay the ADM. Patience...

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Just got the call. They have 1 of the 12 protos designated for my area coming in 2 weeks. I tried to just do the transaction over the phone but they want me to swing by later today to meet with the salesman. Sounds like I am getting a sales pitch, does anyone have some intel I could arm myself with going into this meeting?
If you haven't done so, get pre-approved at a local Credit Union so you're not forced to take their financing with the possibility of your rate jacked up to almost 3% or more.

Dgriz

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1970 240Z, 1971 240Z, 1972 240Z
Occupation
Engineer
My local Kansas dealer called, the allocated car they are to receive is the Proto with auto. Went in to chat about door date and ADM, they receive the car about the end of September, $10K markup and no firm date on ordering what I want (blue, performance, manual) I'll not be paying 20% premium.

jaymes

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
infiniti
This crap is why dealers will be extinct soon. The manufacturers don't want this happening, they have nothing to gain from a dealer adding $20k. In fact, it hurts them, tarnishes the brand, frustrates buyers, etc. GM is stopping the flippers by voiding the warranty if you sell a Corvette sooner than 12 months. Ford is cracking down on dealers by forcing them to take 80% of their orders online at the advertised price. If they violate it they lose their allocations, 3 strikes and the Ford kicks them to the curb.

I beg of you, don't pay the ADM. Patience...
I agree with this post. I would like to just order a car online and then go and pick it up. No haggling or any of that booshit

raptor5244

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing
I agree with this post. I would like to just order a car online and then go and pick it up. No haggling or any of that booshit
I purchased a couple of Teslas this way and my mind was blown. It is so hard to go back to the traditional dealership experience. You build the car online, leave a deposit, wait for a VIN and then you take delivery in like 15-20 minutes since all the paperwork is done. No dealer fees or some guy in the finance department trying to sell you undercoating.

jaymes

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
infiniti
I purchased a couple of Teslas this way and my mind was blown. It is so hard to go back to the traditional dealership experience. You build the car online, leave a deposit, wait for a VIN and then you take delivery in like 15-20 minutes since all the paperwork is done. No dealer fees or some guy in the finance department trying to sell you undercoating.
I hope it'll still be like this when I go to pick up a cybertruck :).