First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer
They have totally screwed up….if so many of us, the truly keen enthusiasts are cancelling orders how many of just the regular interested guys are

Gotta go down as one of the biggest flops of car launches of all time
I just feel like this car really ‘never stood a chance’. Took forever for the launch of a new product, the reveal was a lot of ‘smoke and mirrors’ without substance (engine, suspension - the brass tacks of the vehicle), then the pandemic made shortages a reality and just prolonged things, then when the vehicle was released - seems like in stock form - the YT influencers proceeded to tear it apart and compared to the competition - it wasn’t that Supra killer that we all wanted; not to forget the price of the vehicle - for the well equipped one - it was pretty much 3-5k less than a Supra. And now - we are seeing QC issues creating delays, dealers adding ADM (like this car will be a collectors item - at least the NON-protos). Heck - even the Supra 6MT has been released SMH - it’s just been a lot of ‘over promising and under delivering’.

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
f250, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra
Occupation
taco bell
Instructor friend had a lady last weekend with a manual Proto. Guess one of the ones that got out before the fix. He likes the potential of the car. Suspension has a bit too much roll (but we knew that and can fix)
Because it wasn't his car he only drove it 8/10s

Said the second gear issue is awful fwiw.

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
THE biggest issue here, whether Nissan is trying to correct known problems or not, is COMMUNICATION!!! The TOTAL lack of!!:mad:
Oh they did communicated, through Super Bowl advertising. They reeled in every American ppl to buy their cars (including the Z). I think the manufacturing problems might have manifested long before the Super Bowl, but I think they doubled down on it and wished the fairy would come and save them at full-scale production.

So I think they've gone too far with the false promises and now it's hard to walk back to make any coherent excuses.

jayhawk70

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1973 Datsun 240Z, 1993 Nissan 300ZX
Occupation
gainfully unemployed.
I see that some dealers are getting manual Zs scheduled for delivery in December (some maybe sooner) Anyone know if that means they have a fix for the manual?

Blue Zs.jpg

OP
OP

Dave K

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Nismo 370Z, 2022 Chevy Silverado ZR2
I see that some dealers are getting manual Zs scheduled for delivery in December (some maybe sooner) Anyone know if that means they have a fix for the manual?

Blue Zs.jpg
My dealer informed me that the manuals have a fix and should start arriving in December. The Proto I have coming has been at the port of Los Angeles for over 8 weeks.