Let's throw a (modded) Z in here.....

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Interesting thing about that video, on the results, the Z had a higher trap speed, 116, than any of the B58 BMW's, 114. I know, different day, different results, but....

The VR may just be more modifiable than the current B58 due to the ECU being unlocked. Yes, the B58 does have more all-out potential, but that locked ECU really throws a wrench into the prospects of modding.

Now that S58, that thing is wicked.

Watching the real Supra stomp it once it could get traction was awesome! Even as a video, the slingshot was exciting!

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
Interesting thing about that video, on the results, the Z had a higher trap speed, 116, than any of the B58 BMW's, 114. I know, different day, different results, but....

The VR may just be more modifiable than the current B58 due to the ECU being unlocked. Yes, the B58 does have more all-out potential, but that locked ECU really throws a wrench into the prospects of modding.

Now that S58, that thing is wicked.

Watching the real Supra stomp it once it could get traction was awesome! Even as a video, the slingshot was exciting!
I was surprised by the M240i, the AWD system makes a big difference. That car can be setup as nasty sleeper to put the Dodge Hellcat egos in check.

-RJM

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I was surprised by the M240i, the AWD system makes a big difference. That car can be setup as nasty sleeper to put the Dodge Hellcat egos in check.

-RJM
Reasons I own an Evo 👹

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60

-RJM
For sure, my only beef with the M240i is imo the front and rear look horrible. But, AWD is where it's at, it's a great performing car.

My Q60 is AWD, in summer months rwd performance vehicles are quicker, but 8 months a year (Seattle area) that AWD keeps those admittedly superior rwd performance vehicles in the rear view, way back!

My coworker leased a xDrive BMW 340i and it was flawless for him over 3 years. I thought about the M240, but not good looking IMO, and made in a cheaper labor country.... I dunno, I had a Mexican made 2016 GTI and it was always in the shop..... supposedly the German made Golf R were way more reliable.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
My Q60 is AWD, in summer months rwd performance vehicles are quicker, but 8 months a year (Seattle area) that AWD keeps those admittedly superior rwd performance vehicles in the rear view, way back!
That would be me. 😂

My Supra doesn’t even see rainy days. It would end up in a ditch in 3.6 seconds flat.

Too much of a handful on dry roads let alone the greasy wet Seattle streets.

-RJM

Last edited:

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
That would be me. 😂

My Supra doesn’t even see rainy days. It would end up in a ditch in 3.6 seconds flat.

Too much off a handful on dry roads let alone the greasy wet Seattle streets.

-RJM
The Z being RWD gives me pause because of the typical conditions here.

The AWD BMWs are probably a better choice for me......

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Do any of the M cars standout in traffic?…nope. $100K for an M2CS and no one even bats an eye at it.

But when my $49K Supra pulls up at a stop light its nothing but thumbs up and nice car comments.

-RJM
Are they being ironic?
Im not trying to stir shit, the supra is a hell of a car.. but it's about as pretty as a smashed crab.

I'm literally choosing the Z over it knowing full well the supra is a better car.
Form > Function

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
Are they being ironic?
Im not trying to stir shit, the supra is a hell of a car.. but it's about as pretty as a smashed crab.

I'm literally choosing the Z over it knowing full well the supra is a better car.
Form > Function
Smashed crab or not the Supra gets looks. The only shade I’ve seen is from the internet.

No need to hate one just because you selected the other. They’re both sharp cars in their own way.

The part about the Z that pisses me off is that I can’t get one at a reasonable price.

-RJM

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Do any of the M cars standout in traffic?…nope. $100K for an M2CS and no one even bats an eye at it.

But when my $49K Supra pulls up at a stop light its nothing but thumbs up and nice car comments.

-RJM
They must be high or drunk to make such comments