First Name
Ogan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 mazda rx7, 2005 subaru legacy gt
Occupation
Nissan machinist
so in a recent article i just read from car scoops and again by grand tour nation, the Z in japan will start 61k. what does that mean for the rest of us. thats a far cry from around 40k that was touted during the reveal. thoughts on this one anyone. im at work now but when i get home ill try and connect links to the articles

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
so in a recent article i just read from car scoops and again by grand tour nation, the Z in japan will start 61k. what does that mean for the rest of us. thats a far cry from around 40k that was touted during the reveal. thoughts on this one anyone. im at work now but when i get home ill try and connect links to the articles
It’s really hard to judge price comparison in different countries, if I was in the US I wouldn’t be panicking yet.
First of all a bit of clarification…the 61kUS price is for the Proto not for the starter ( or so I was told) …but if you have the article that says differently please forward.
This puts it in line to what I was told prices would be in Australia…70K base, 80k Proto
We have discussed this previously, different countries have different taxes etc so it’s not as simple as a dollar conversion.
For instance in Aus our minimum wage is almost 4x of the US, we have luxury car taxes, our rego prices are astronomical etc etc…these are all factors that vary and can change the final price

To give you an idea, a current 2021 370Z goes for 50k a C8 close to 150k first edition of the Emira is being priced at 184k

when you look at our prices compared to yours is quite a big difference on top of the dollar difference.

basically it’s almost impossible to tell…just gonna have to sit tight and wait

I will say though, Nissan will have to be mindful of their pricing, with the Supra promising a manual next year, and the Z not getting to Aus shores until third quarter in Australia, they stand to loose business if they get it wrong, I’m sure they know this

OP
OP
LC1

LC1

First Name
Ogan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Nissan machinist
OP
OP
LC1

LC1

First Name
Ogan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Nissan machinist
As to how creditable the source is. I’m not sure.

OP
OP
LC1

LC1

First Name
Ogan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Nissan machinist
Oh ok I missed those threads. That’s my bad I see where your coming from with the different taxes and wages etc

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Oh ok I missed those threads. That’s my bad I see where your coming from with the different taxes and wages etc
All good…yeah the link you have added is very interesting.
the on,y thing I have seen re pricing so far from Japan was 61k US for the Proto…unless something further was released today
im wondering if the reporter didn’t pick up on the fact that it was for the Proto…or if as I said there is fresh information from Japan this afternoon.

interesting indeed….regardless the point remains the same, it’s almost impossible to figure out what car prices will be in one country based off another’s prices.
Hopefully all will be revealed soon

Reactions: LC1

bybepl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cayman S
Occupation
IT
Guys let's not build too much into the 61k price seen in Japan. An example, right now a 2022 Nissan Murano lists for 3,980,150 yen, that equates to $34,848 US dollars. The actual list price for a 2922 Nissan Murano in the US is $32,950.

So, we need to wait to see. But that is only 2k different. Hmmm

bybepl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cayman S
Occupation
IT
Guys let's not build too much into the 61k price seen in Japan. An example, right now a 2022 Nissan Murano lists for 3,980,150 yen, that equates to $34,848 US dollars. The actual list price for a 2022 Nissan Murano in the US is $32,950.

So, we need to wait to see. But that is only 2k different. Hmmm

OP
OP
LC1

LC1

First Name
Ogan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Nissan machinist
I would agree that that the reporting article probably did foul up and the 61k is for the top trim, the proto. That would make a lot more sense seeing as how it’s a limited production.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
There are several comments on the Car Scoops article calling out the author for their mistake. The $60k is for the limited editions Proto spec. It ALSO includes 10% sales tax. The price w/o tax is about $55k USD.

https://creative311.com/?p=133169

This person (who seems to be correct more than he isn't, so far) says the JDM pricing will be around 4.8 million yen for the base up to 6.3 million for the top ST trim (basically our Performance). Taking out the 10% sales tax, that puts the Performance trim around $49k USD and (I'm guesstimating here) $43k USD for the Sport trim.

Going by the example from @bybepl above, we're now looking at around $41k Sport and $47k performance here in the United States, which is pretty much where everyone has been estimating.

Now we wait...

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Here's another article from Creative311 with a video from TAS featuring Tamura. At some point in the video Tamura states that the base grade will sell at, "the first half of 5 million yen." I'm taking that as anywhere from about $43,700-$48,000, though as others have stated it's never a direct currency conversion to calculate another market's price.

https://creative311.com/?p=133525

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
I've gone from "meh" on Gunmetal to top of my list now that there is pro quality video showing its real look like that posted above. Love the blue and the yellow too but over time I might find them a bit intense, and I am not completely sold on the black roof. I intend to keep the car long-term and the current minor fad in the industry for black-roofed cars and SUVs is just not going to last IMO, so having one on the Z will date it quickly.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Here's another article from Creative311 with a video from TAS featuring Tamura. At some point in the video Tamura states that the base grade will sell at, "the first half of 5 million yen." I'm taking that as anywhere from about $43,700-$48,000, though as others have stated it's never a direct currency conversion to calculate another market's price.

https://creative311.com/?p=133525

wish i could understand japanese...looked to be a great video.

translation of toyodo visiting the z would have been cool too....