Is this possible....first 2022 allocations (dealer)?

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
By now we all know we're at the mercy of first allocations to dealers ONLY. I'm toying with an idea of member notifications. Let's say for example I'm looking for a White, Performance, manual with blue interior but my local dealers only get other colors, one is a Black, Performance, black interior, automatic. Someone else across the country is looking for that exact Black. So we as members post up what's avail locally, and let's say that someone wanting the black has seen the White I'm looking for and we're both willing to travel to pick up, i.e. 'trade' cars, so we both agree and put deposits to hold the two cars. Then each gets to the local area for the car they want and deposits removed, purchases made. Both parties get what they're looking for. The deposits are just that, no purchase agreements at the outset.

Bottom line is, post up what you see at your local dealers, then see if such 'trades' are workable. ADMs have to be considered too, unfort.

Is this possible or am I blowing smoke, too hard to pull off?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
By now we all know we're at the mercy of first allocations to dealers ONLY. I'm toying with an idea of member notifications. Let's say for example I'm looking for a White, Performance, manual with blue interior but my local dealers only get other colors, one is a Black, Performance, black interior, automatic. Someone else across the country is looking for that exact Black. So we as members post up what's avail locally, and let's say that someone wanting the black has seen the White I'm looking for and we're both willing to travel to pick up, i.e. 'trade' cars, so we both agree and put deposits to hold the two cars. Then each gets to the local area for the car they want and deposits removed, purchases made. Both parties get what they're looking for. The deposits are just that, no purchase agreements at the outset.

Bottom line is, post up what you see at your local dealers, then see if such 'trades' are workable. ADMs have to be considered too, unfort.

Is this possible or am I blowing smoke, too hard to pull off?
its A good idea, but would it work.
I reckon first allocations will be sold before they arrive, I doubt there will be a stack sitting around in dealers waiting to be sold, unless said dealer is charging you guys exorbitant mark ups

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
its A good idea, but would it work.
I reckon first allocations will be sold before they arrive, I doubt there will be a stack sitting around in dealers waiting to be sold, unless said dealer is charging you guys exorbitant mark ups
Yeah those markups in these times will be downers. But I'm after the deposits idea to hold them, even if ADMs are agreed upon by both parties, i.e. willing to pay if not too crazy. Trying to be hopeful here :p

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I like it. Would be willing to do what I can to help others if the opportunity presents itself—we're all after the same goal here. I'm all about contingency plans, too, and this seems like a great option to consider as a part of all of that.

But yeah, as mentioned, lot of variables at play. Perhaps once we get some more concrete information, i.e. timing, allocations, etc. we can start to solidify a more detailed plan?

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10r80 5.0, G37X, C4 LT1
I bought the cheapest 10r80 5.0 in the country two years ago in Las Vegas using https://www.cars.com/

$7k off msrp and $31,800 otd. It cost $6xx to ship it to El Paso. I'm not sure why any of you would try to do otherwise. If you all hold out until the second model year hits you can save yourselves some money. But, to each their own.

Eventually I'll post up what I find and will tell you all everything I know about car buying as I use to be a Nissan salesman myself.

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10r80 5.0, G37X, C4 LT1
Sure 5.0s are plentiful, but around the time I got mine I saw several 370s mt and auto as low as $27k. Several under $30k. I'm certain this car can be had at or under msrp. Supras are discounted at this point of the year too. I'd be in no rush to be one of the first ones unless I made more money than I do now or didn't care about ADM and plan to use the car for clout or promotional purposes. That is the only benefit to being one of the first owners so those buyers will pay to play.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Sure 5.0s are plentiful, but around the time I got mine I saw several 370s mt and auto as low as $27k. Several under $30k. I'm certain this car can be had at or under msrp. Supras are discounted at this point of the year too. I'd be in no rush to be one of the first ones unless I made more money than I do now or didn't care about ADM and plan to use the car for clout or promotional purposes. That is the only benefit to being one of the first owners so those buyers will pay to play.
the zupr4 launch was such a disaster because of the controversy...i know, ive been on supraforums since 2010 and watched it all play.

if 80%+ of its fan base will not buy it, that does not bode well for sales. i was on the list of 2 dealers 3-4 in advance when i saw and heard the ft-1 concept was going to become the new supra.

i bought 3 new tacomas between them and i was number 1 on the call list. when i found out the car was gonna be a bmw and a z4 (worst car ive ever owned) i canceled months before launch and kept the money id saved for it for another car.

when the zupr4 launched the dealers called me anyways. one kept calling for 3 months after cause couldn't sell one of the 2 they got in.

one member is a toyota tech and they had 3 or 4 on the lot for so long they had to change batteries out. most think the sales were a failure and the only reason any sold was because of the legendary supra nameplate.

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
A dealer trade done by your local, and trusted, dealer would be faster and easier.
Best scenario of course, but I wonder if this makes them add even more ADM.

Here's what I'll do. When the allocations come I'll drive to my local (50 mi radius) dealers, plenty of large ones around here, and post up the window stickers and exterior, interior shots, see if any out of state are interested. Hopefully they will stay on the floor for a few days, unsold. Be glad to at least give this info, we all know all the specs by now so no need for tons of pics, yes?

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Best scenario of course, but I wonder if this makes them add even more ADM.

Here's what I'll do. When the allocations come I'll drive to my local (50 mi radius) dealers, plenty of large ones around here, and post up the window stickers and exterior, interior shots, see if any out of state are interested. Hopefully they will stay on the floor for a few days, unsold. Be glad to at least give this info, we all know all the specs by now so no need for tons of pics, yes?
Happy to do the same. Also a lot of big dealers in my area, too (South Florida), no idea how they're going to handle things but only one way to find out.