Is "Super Black" a wrap?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
@Mud, thanks for checking this, and although I agree, I speculate that this debate will continue. As I said earlier, it's gotta be paint. The edge doesn't automatically mean wrap.
Agree…I’m tentatively relieved.
I suppose we will only 100% know in about three years….but it does look far more positive
Thanks @Mud

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Agree…I’m tentatively relieved.
I suppose we will only 100% know in about three years….but it does look far more positive
Thanks @Mud
I was the first one on the forum to say that it is a wrap,When the car was shown last may at the local dealership there were quite a few of us that noticed the wrap peeling on the edge of the hatch.Asked the Nissan rep that brought the car about this but he would not give us a answer.That in itself was the answer.

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
I was the first one on the forum to say that it is a wrap,When the car was shown last may at the local dealership there were quite a few of us that noticed the wrap peeling on the edge of the hatch.Asked the Nissan rep that brought the car about this but he would not give us a answer.That in itself was the answer.
Given how long ago it was, maybe it was a once off / pre-production fix?

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
I 100% respect your experience

Im happy to humbly retract my post if this is still the case and someone can show this.
I just wanted to look as best as I could and give my opinion

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I 100% respect your experience

Im happy to humbly retract my post if this is still the case and someone can show this.
I just wanted to look as best as I could and give my opinion
Appreciate your feedback, pics and details, sure looks like paint unless someone else proves otherwise. Nissan better not cheap out in this area. Earlier cars could have been pre-production for market analysis only.

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Who knows. Maybe some are paint and some are wrap. Maybe some are wrap over paint?

Maybe all the bits underneath are painted and there is a decal type wrap applied to the roof and or hatch and its very well glued down

Last edited:

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Who knows. Maybe some are paint and some are wrap. Maybe some are wrap over paint?

Maybe all the bits underneath are painted and there is a decal type wrap applied to the rood and or hatch and its very well glued down
C'mon man think positive ;) it's all we can do in these threads nowadays, but congrats to those that HAVE received their Z's!!

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
from what little paint and body ive done in the past, i think its painted. if you look closely at the finish, you can see "orange peel" texture in the paint

drunkntigr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hilux
Any update on this? Saw a youtube video with a yellow nissan with a clear wrap over in the corner with a curve, but the reviewer was really a novice.

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Any update on this? Saw a youtube video with a yellow nissan with a clear wrap over in the corner with a curve, but the reviewer was really a novice.
That was the balck wrap on the tail gate. I think he was saying the wrap/ sticker was laid off centre and or the corners were different.
But i guess that could occur with improper masking

I just can't imagine how much shit would get in there if that was a wrap. Exposed edges and corners would peel like a mf

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
A fellow z owner commented on the question of this “wrap”

Professional automotive painter here, just got my Z a couple weeks ago. It's definitely paint with a hard tape line. It's also done by hand, as the tapeline on my hatch has a bit of a stop-sign shape to the curves, as well as I had to polish a slight bit of bleed through from the tape line off the white. Definitely paint, and not the greatest paint work on the black bits.