Is anyone going to color match the black piece in the rear in between the taillights?

Boulder2023z

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Does anyone have a pic of what this looks like? If I got black it would blend in but I’m getting Boulder gray

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
It’s the main black rectangular piece on the back where the Nissan emblem is
yeah i understand that. was hoping someone would chop it so we could visualize what it would look like.

some colors may look better done than others. also, the roof being black or color matched would make a huge difference too.

OP
OP

Boulder2023z

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
yeah i understand that. was hoping someone would chop it so we could visualize what it would look like.

some colors may look better done than others. also, the roof being black or color matched would make a huge difference too.
Yeah for sure

dkmura

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'03 350Z track, '06 350Z SCCA touring racecar
Occupation
Freelance automotive journalist
Not for me- that black panel offers some contrast to the rear of the car. Plus, if you're ordering the two-tone paint, it continues the black of the roof down the rear valance of the Z. Such a cool look.

OP
OP

Boulder2023z

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Not for me- that black panel offers some contrast to the rear of the car. Plus, if you're ordering the two-tone paint, it continues the black of the roof down the rear valance of the Z. Such a cool look.
That’s a good point

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
did it the lazy way, but enough to get the point

grail taillight.jpg
Nice edit. Might look better on Gun Metallic or Rosewood since the roof is not black, but the problem for me with this look is that the tail lights are just way too straight where they meet that center section. I prefer it black like the Z32.

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
did it the lazy way, but enough to get the point

grail taillight.jpg
Ewww

? This

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Yeah...gotta be honest, it's not doing it for me. As others have said, I think the car benefits from having the bar blacked out to help break up the rear, if you will.

Carbon fiber on the other hand, to match a CF diffuser and side skirts—kind of what we saw on the prototype and what @fliplover is proposing? Now we're onto something...

OP
OP

Boulder2023z

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Hmm I do see your guys point though. I think it suits the gray but not the other colors