First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
So I've had my Scat Pack 1320 for a little over a month and I'm having mixed feelings. I mean its a nice looking car and is comfortable to drive and has a lot of torque, but I've run into a few issues already. I didn't notice right away, but the hood was misaligned by about a quarter inch (up a tad on one side and down on the other). I found that you can adjust the stoppers inside with the hood up, but it didn't completely level it up. I know I could take it to a dealership, but don't like to as they tend to get the inside dirty and/or leave scrapes on the kick panels, ect. from my experience and I would have to take it to a place I didn't get it from since I ordered it at a place over 3 hours away.

Some of the other issues I've noticed are the interior lights are seriously lacking. I will have to eventually update all the interior bulbs as they are not very bright except for the little red light on the shifter that is annoying and there is no way to really adjust the dash brightness because if you move the button just a little, its too dim. It doesn't have the Mycolor like my Mustang had either. I tried to upgrade the plain puddle lights with some that have a 1320 logo and ran into issues too as it didn't want to click in on one side and I closed the door to get the light back on and broke it so will have to order another set. The drivers side seat bottom appears loose to me, but IDK if it is supposed to be like that. Gas mileage sucks. I knew it wouldn't be as good as the Mustang, but I'm only averaging about 18.5 mpg and that is driving it normal most of the time and putting premium in it instead of regular that I used in the stang isn't good on the wallet either. Yeah, these all may be fairly minor, but its not even as fast as I thought it would be. Once I hit 1k miles, I thought I'd try a couple 0-60 runs and the best I could do was 4.9. Yeah, the conditions were not the greatest as it was in the mid-30's on a back road with full tire pressure and I just tried it using foot breaking in normal mode. I know drag mode and warmer temps would help, but still I could do mid-4's all day long in the stang with little or no wheel spin in almost any weather.

I don't know, maybe I should give it more time but I'm now thinking maybe I should look into what it may be worth on trade in with the recent higher prices? I did get a decent deal on it as I got it at 1% under invoice and got 20k in trade equity so I shouldn't lose too much if I were to get rid of it, but hate to give up the 0% interest too. Right now I'm about to put my winter wheels and tires on for the season as soon as I get some better tools. But come Spring, I may start looking into the Z again but only if you can get one without a long wait or a markup.

Last edited:

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
So I've had my Scat Pack 1320 for a little over a month and I'm having mixed feelings. I mean its a nice looking car and is comfortable to drive and has a lot of torque, but I've run into a few issues already. I didn't notice right away, but the hood was misaligned by about a quarter inch (up a tad on one side and down on the other). I found that you can adjust the stoppers inside with the hood up, but it didn't completely level it up. I know I could take it to a dealership, but don't like to as they tend to get the inside dirty and/or leave scrapes on the kick panels, ect. from my experience and I would have to take it to a place I didn't get it from since I ordered it at a place over 3 hours away.

Some of the other issues I've noticed are the interior lights are seriously lacking. I will have to eventually update all the interior bulbs as they are not very bright except for the little red light on the shifter that is annoying and there is no way to really adjust the dash brightness because if you move the button just a little, its too dim. It doesn't have the Mycolor like my Mustang had either. I tried to upgrade the plain puddle lights with some that have a 1320 logo and ran into issues too as it didn't want to click in on one side and I closed the door to get the light back on and broke it so will have to order another set. The drivers side seat bottom appears loose to me, but IDK if it is supposed to be like that. Gas mileage sucks. I knew it wouldn't be as good as the Mustang, but I'm only averaging about 18.5 mpg and that is driving it normal most of the time and putting premium in it instead of regular that I used in the stang isn't good on the wallet either. Yeah, these all may be fairly minor, but its not even as fast as I thought it would be. Once I hit 1k miles, I thought I'd try a couple 0-60 runs and the best I could do was 4.9. Yeah, the conditions were not the greatest as it was in the mid-30's on a back road with full tire pressure and I just tried it using foot breaking in normal mode. I know drag mode and warmer temps would help, but still I could do mid-4's all day long in the stang with little or no wheel spin in almost any weather.

I don't know, maybe I should give it more time but I'm now thinking maybe I should look into what it may be worth on trade in with the recent higher prices? I did get a decent deal on it as I got it at 1% under invoice and got 20k in trade equity so I shouldn't lose too much if I were to get rid of it, but hate to give up the 0% interest too. Right now I'm about to put my winter wheels and tires on for the season as soon as I get some better tools. But come Spring, I may start looking into the Z again but only if you can get one without a long wait or a markup.
I think if your already regretting the buy a little, that when you see the Z in person it’s gonna hurt.
Go with your heart as all the movies say.
If the last couple of years has taught us anything, it’s life it too short to settle

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
this reminds me...i need to start a "first world problems" thread.

j/k...welcome back!!

hate hear all the issues your having. it's those little problems that irritate. especially on a brand new car.

i think in the current used car market you won't lose anything really...you may even get more.

toyota dealer offered me $2k more than i paid for my tacoma new, and that's with me owning it for 2+ years and clocking over 40k miles it