Hyundai N Vision 74 Is A Hydrogen Hybrid Sports Concept Inspired By Giugiaro’s Pony Coupe

Captain_Kirk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
https://www.motor1.com/news/596313/hyundai-n-day-teaser-images-blue-and-side/

On July 15, Hyundai will hold N Day where it will show off the brand's next-generation high-performance car. A teaser image of the vehicle under a sheet suggests that a sleek coupe might be on the way.

Hyundai's Facebook post to tease N Day only provides one more hint about this upcoming model. A translation of the message says: "Do you want the fun of driving in the age of electric vehicles?" That might be a hint that this vehicle is an EV or the company could be referring to the blue vehicle in the other image.

The teaser image shows a vehicle with quite a long nose and a short rear deck. If this model turns out to be an EV that doesn't need the space to fit a big engine, the designers are sticking with the classic styling recipe for a performance car. Judging by the size of the passenger compartment, this might be a two-door. A wing that's nearly as tall as the roof is at the back.

Hyundai's current EVs belong to the Ioniq sub-brand. It's possible that this model would also wear that moniker. The Ioniq 7 is an upcoming electric crossover, so this product might be the Ioniq 8.

Hyundai and Kia's existing EVs ride on the E-GMP platform, and these underpinnings can support performance vehicles. For example, the Kia EV6 GT has a pair of electric motors making a combined 576 horsepower (430 kilowatts) and 546 pound-feet (740 Newton-meters). This is enough to get the crossover to 60 miles per hour (96 kilometers per hour) in around 3.5 seconds.

Introducing a fully electric sports coupe would let Hyundai occupy a niche that doesn't currently have much competition in it. There are vehicles like the Lotus Evija, but that's more of a supercar, whereas this teaser seems to show a more traditional-looking two-door.

The other teaser image that's part of this announcement is just a blur in Hyundai N's trademark shade of blue. Spy shots tell us that the Ioniq 5 N is deep into development, so that might be what Hyundai is hinting at in this picture.
Hyundai-N-Teaser-1.jpg

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I’m up for it….but I still need a car this year, I’m guessing this will be a little bit further into the future

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
im curious too...
that side profile looks more like a supra than the zupr4 does

spyderdrifter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Kia Forte SX Koup, 2021 Kia Sorento SX
Seems weird, but the overall shape, to me at least, gives a Ferrari F40 vibe.

Last edited:

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
New Gen Coupe?

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
Any chance this is related to those midengine veloster prototypes?

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
They've come a much longer way in a much shorter time than most other manufacturers.

spyderdrifter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Kia Forte SX Koup, 2021 Kia Sorento SX
As an owner or a 2013 model year Kia, and a 2021 model year Kia, I can attest to there being a huge leap in quality for these companies in short amounts of time.

Reactions: V35