First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Yeah it’s terrible. We are known for hot summers but this year is the worst since the 60s and worse still it’s prolonged. 41 Xmas eve 42 xmas day 44 Boxing Day we are expecting 41 today and 40 tomorrow as well. The scary thing is our hottest weather usually hits late Jan early Feb so goodness knows where we will end up. It’s too hot to do anything or go anywhere other than a beach, but even then your burnt in 30 min ….so we are at home in the air con feeling sorry for ourselves ?

im jealous of your snow
Well, come May-June when (if) Z deliveries happen, you and Aussies should be in much cooler weather than we will, when we enter Summer heat, ugh! We take our turns eh?!

Still patiently waiting LOL

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Well, come May-June when (if) Z deliveries happen, you and Aussies should be in much cooler weather than we will, when we enter Summer heat, ugh! We take our turns eh?!

Still patiently waiting LOL
If the Z arrives in March I will be super happy….more than likely not until August in Aus …im still waiting, but I wouldn’t say patiently ?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
We got 9" in a few hours here north of Seattle. One day after Christmas.

It's now 12°F which is, don't know the maff, but a bit below 0°C for the high, which is not very common, but not rare either.

I have an AWD Q60 and it's been putting in the work for sure. When I get my Z I'll have to rely on my Titan 4x4 to get me around in the winter.

I was born and raised in Phoenix Arizona, but I really like "real" winters.

For you Texans, I used to work in Arlington, and I very clearly remember one day being 85°F and the next day being 25°F for the high. Texas gets wild weather, and that explains all of the buckled sidewalks!

West Aussie, I was thinking about you and my Australian friends when I was shoveling the snow out of my driveway!

Oh, and BTW Christmas lights look amazing under snow!

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
We got 9" in a few hours here north of Seattle. One day after Christmas.

It's now 12°F which is, don't know the maff, but a bit below 0°C for the high, which is not very common, but not rare either.

I have an AWD Q60 and it's been putting in the work for sure. When I get my Z I'll have to rely on my Titan 4x4 to get me around in the winter.

I was born and raised in Phoenix Arizona, but I really like "real" winters.

For you Texans, I used to work in Arlington, and I very clearly remember one day being 85°F and the next day being 25°F for the high. Texas gets wild weather, and that explains all of the buckled sidewalks!

West Aussie, I was thinking about you and my Australian friends when I was shoveling the snow out of my driveway!

Oh, and BTW Christmas lights look amazing under snow!
i believe I was born in the wrong state…I don’t do well with heat…maybe if I move to TAS, their weather is much milder.
But as I said, id love to see a white Christmas, and the longer Covid goes on the more determind I am to visit the Christmas markets in Europe when I’m allowed out to travel again

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
i believe I was born in the wrong state…I don’t do well with heat…maybe if I move to TAS, their weather is much milder.
But as I said, id love to see a white Christmas, and the longer Covid goes on the more determind I am to visit the Christmas markets in Europe when I’m allowed out to travel again
Sad to hear you're not allowed to travel!

My wife and I are considering buying a second house somewhere hot. In USA we call it being a "snowbird". Owning a home in the north and another in the south. Best of both.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

My wife and I are considering buying a second house somewhere hot. In USA we call it being a "snowbird". Owning a home in the north and another in the south. Best of both.
think We are about the last place in the world left that if they leave they can’t come home….maybe NZ As well? Rest of Aus can now travel just our power hungry premier that won’t let us

Nice best of both worlds. Lots of people have holiday homes down south here, but the change in weather is pretty mild…maybe 10 degrees. Here they do it for the wineries and spectacular beaches, although we have plenty right near where we live regardless

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N

Buy a house in the FL Keys and you'll own homes in opposite corners of the country, that are probably as far away as they can possibly be from one another while still being able to get there by car ?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
think We are about the last place in the world left that if they leave they can’t come home….maybe NZ As well? Rest of Aus can now travel just our power hungry premier that won’t let us
China is pretty bad for internal travel too. My mother-in-law just passed away before Christmas, and it is practically impossible to get into China, with the upcoming Olympics they are severely restricting travel in the country.
And, just like Australia, there's different policies for different regions (China does unofficially operate as though it has "states") about travel... mostly related to quarantine procedures.
My in-laws live in Shanghai, but are originally from Harbin, so to take the MIL back to her final resting place would require 3 weeks of combined quarantine, plus that's if they take an airplane, which is super expensive at this time.
Normally they take a train, and if you do that, you gotta quarantine along the way.

Brickyard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 QX50 '13 Escalade Platinum '03 350 Z Touring
fullsizeoutput_4c6.jpeg

The Latest First Measurable Snowfall on Record ( since 1884 ) in Chicagoland's South Shore . . . Dec 28th - 1 " of wet snow that barely stuck

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
We hit 70° F (21° C) at my house Christmas day. We moved from Chicago to Georgia 7 years ago and let me tell you, I do NOT miss shoveling snow! Neither does my wife who was raised in the Philippines. When I traveled for work, she was the one stuck shoveling.

Last edited: