I was about to post this lol I feel like he has another z video coming soon

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
He was pretty dismissive in his Instagram review, will be interesting to see if he tones that down.

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
He was pretty dismissive in his Instagram review, will be interesting to see if he tones that down.
I have to disagree with you there. The only real negative in his review is that the exhaust is too quiet from factory, and that the ECU prevents you from doing a burnout.

His caption reads as follows:

"Gorgeous in person. Interior is ok: no gimmicks, simple stuff. Driving position much better than 370Z (telescoping wheel!) Shifter feels great. Nice seats, great wheel, terrible-sounding stereo. '90s nav, but usable infotainment. Appropriately firm ride; quiet enough; comfy road car.

VR30 smoother than VQ37, still nothing like an I-6. Clutch/shifter cal much better than VQ, too: less lash. Turbos hit with a 12psi wallop initially, then jump to 15psi at 4k rpm. Will break the rears loose in 2nd, sometimes 3rd.

Steering doesnā€™t say a thing until youā€™re VERY sideways. Bridgestones are either grip or ice. Given instant breakaway and dead steering, the car is a HANDFUL. Leave ESC on. You will spin it. Immediately.

Perfect brake feel, no fade in 3 days of track filming. (ICONS!)

Mild understeer at limit.

Not an easy drift car: explodes sideways after lag, ESC comes back on in transitions, 7k limiter cuts power completely til revs drop to 6k, then fades back in. Lots to work around.

9AT is short-geared, launch control but does rolling controlled burnout through top of 2nd, very quick.

6MT is geared nice ā€™n short. No-Lift-Shift shaves lots of time on accel run (0.2s to 60), because computer kills boost until youā€™re FULLY off the clutch pedal. Grinds on quick shifts.

Neither Z trans will let you do a burnout šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Auto sounds WAY better than manual thanks to fcked-up drive-by noise regs. Same problem Porsche solves with long gears. MT Z just gets quieter exhaust. Much cheaper to fix!

Nowhere near as fun as BRZ: weighs 800 lb more, much more isolated. But itā€™s quick, fun, gorgeous and cheaper than Supra. Plus, base Z has full firepower and no dumb 4-cyl.

ExZactly the update the iconic Z needed, even if it isnā€™t perfect."

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
*And that the steering feel is lacking - something I think we all expected given switch to EPAS.

Last edited:

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Great news because I loved seeing that yellow Z at Willow.
Also, his response was to someone asking about how it is on a track, not drag, so it will be the Z vs 6 other cars around the track. Should be entertaining to say the least.

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Also, his response was to someone asking about how it is on a track, not drag, so it will be the Z vs 6 other cars around the track. Should be entertaining to say the least.
Especially if a certain Mr. Pobst is behind the wheel, which I assume will be to keep things consistent.

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
Especially if a certain Mr. Pobst is behind the wheel, which I assume will be to keep things consistent.

Trust Randy. He is a car nut and is full of praise generally, but if he says it needs this or that is great you can take to the bank.

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
I think Hagerty is trying to save face with Nissan here šŸ˜‚

Tons of great info !!

This is the 2nd video I've seen with 'Jason' and is it me or does the videos seem above average as far how polished they are ??

Last edited:
OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Interesting to see the 6 other cars it goes up against.

The Mach 1 and 3.0 Supra are certain to return. I think we can also realistically expect the SS-1LE. That's 3 cars at similar price point and power as the Z.

Therefore, for the other 3 cars, I'm expecting something more expensive and something cheaper than the Z. BRZ/86? C8? Cayman? 2.0 Supra?

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Steering doesnā€™t say a thing until youā€™re VERY sideways. Bridgestones are either grip or ice. Given instant breakaway and dead steering, the car is a HANDFUL. Leave ESC on. You will spin it. Immediately.
Thatā€™s pretty negative in my view, especially given how Nissan was touting the new steering system as feelsome. I donā€™t want a car that provides no indication of imminent oversteer until itā€™s too late. YMMV.

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Thatā€™s pretty negative in my view, especially given how Nissan was touting the new steering system as feelsome. I donā€™t want a car that provides no indication of imminent oversteer until itā€™s too late. YMMV.
That's one potential negative in an otherwise positive overall review in my view. Not to mention that he is only one reviewer - others such as Topher and SG don't have the same view of the steering feel.

BraveDemon

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Toyota Supra; 19 Audi TT-RS; 15 GLA45 AMG
Yeah I saw Camisa post that in Reddit a few days ago and have been waiting for that vid to drop.

@because_murica - think your list of potential other cars sounds right except the 2.0 Supra. Cayman will likely be included as itā€™s considered one of the best in class.

Ugh. They should not even bother comparing with a 2.0 Slowpra.