Mishimoto

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Many
Hey Guys!

Nick here from Mishimoto! We recently found someone nice enough to loan us their shiny new Seiran Blue performance Z to get a jump start on our protect development while we're waiting on our our allocation.

NT6_9758.jpg

NT6_9770.jpg

NT6_9556.jpg

I didn't have much time to photograph the car, since we only had a short time with this Z, and our engineering team jumped right in. It was all hands on deck since we have a pretty lengthy list of products to develop for this platform, which includes intakes, catch can, intercoolers, heat exchanger, just to name a few. We also managed to fully develop a front license plate relocation kit for our two-plate states that we'll have on presale VERY soon.

NT6_9701.jpg

Make sure that you keep an eye down in the tech sections for more info to come on the rest of our performance suite! And, as always, don't hesitate to reach out with any questions, or suggestions that you might have!

-Nick

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Looks like they threw the 2015+ 370Z Nismo wheels on it or am I mistaken?

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Id love to know who lent you that and how the hell they got one lol! Everyone on here is desperate for any info

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
They did exactly what I woulda done, Blue on Blue, Nismo v2 Wheels

GupsTT

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
180sx 300zx
Occupation
Industrial Millwright
I've been following the Z1 build and all of the "WORLDS FIRST" videos but I haven't seen a single catch can installed..and they were almost a standard addition to every Q VR30

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Many
I've been following the Z1 build and all of the "WORLDS FIRST" videos but I haven't seen a single catch can installed..and they were almost a standard addition to every Q VR30
I guess we can take that title then :cool: :

NT6_9691.jpg

We still have some work to do to finalize the design, but it will be one of our first products! We did try our Q50/Q60 setup but Nissan did some updates that put some hardlines right in the way of that mounting location. This design integrates into the system the same as our other VR30DDTT design and we expect a similar content collection. I'll make sure to keep you guys in the loop down in the tech section!

-Nick

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Many
lic plate bracket just screw into the tow hook?
same thread as 370?
Yep! it will thread into the front tow hook for better placement and so you don't have to drill out the bumper. From the looks of it, they did use the same thread as the 370Z.

Which reminds me - we'll also have a tow hook available soon as well:

NT6_9780-scaled.jpg

-Nick

GupsTT

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
180sx 300zx
Occupation
Industrial Millwright
I guess we can take that title then :cool: :

NT6_9691.jpg

We still have some work to do to finalize the design, but it will be one of our first products! We did try our Q50/Q60 setup but Nissan did some updates that put some hardlines right in the way of that mounting location. This design integrates into the system the same as our other VR30DDTT design and we expect a similar content collection. I'll make sure to keep you guys in the loop down in the tech section!

-Nick
Interesting, so it's not exactly the same as the Q, I'd imagine the engine bay is smaller on the Z hence the different placement of lines??

Also with Z1 and AMS making their intake boxes bigger and wider that bracket placement might have to be minimal or adjustable?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Many
Interesting, so it's not exactly the same as the Q, I'd imagine the engine bay is smaller on the Z hence the different placement of lines??

Also with Z1 and AMS making their intake boxes bigger and wider that bracket placement might have to be minimal or adjustable?
Not sure why they changed up the lines, but so far that's one of only small differences that we've spotted under the hood.

Also a good thought! We're also working on an intake kit as well that we'd prefer not to restrict any more than we have to ;)

-Nick

Future6spZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ocean blue JLU
What i want to know is how does the Seiran Blue look in person??? Does it change color depending on light/angles? How does it look in the sun? What color is it closest too compared to any makes (ie: honda; ford; blue on altima; etc)? Thanks

Last edited:

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
It's actually NOT, shockingly.

I would love to have a full, comprehensive list of EVERYTHING Nissan changed on the VR30 from the Qs to the Z.

It's enough to where the Q50 is getting the Z's VR30 soon.