First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
I haven't had a chance to see everyone's reviews yet, but has the issue of heat soak been addressed yet? This was a significant issue with the Q50/Q60's with this engine. I would think since the majority of these drives were done in the Vegas heat that someone would have mentioned it if it reared its ugly head.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
i swear i saw someone say something about never over heating or anything while beating the shit outta these cars in vegas heat... but now i dont remember where i saw it of the billion reviews lol

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I haven't had a chance to see everyone's reviews yet, but has the issue of heat soak been addressed yet? This was a significant issue with the Q50/Q60's with this engine. I would think since the majority of these drives were done in the Vegas heat that someone would have mentioned it if it reared its ugly head.
Yeah…I can’t remember which review…it may of been Savage Geese ( when the engineer was talking) but not sure, they definitely said it was addressed
A lot of hard driving in Vegas as well and no one mentioned any overheating issues

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
Heat soak won't "limp" your car. The computer will pull timing and you will feel less power.
Issue will be acerbated with tunes/mods and aggressive driving.

ALL FI engines get heat soak to some degree. Modern turbo cars have come a LONG way with keeping up with cooling and intercoolers. But power additions should be matched with cooling mods if you are smart.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Finally someone brought it up. I’m sure it had the same issues. I’m glad someone else noticed it as well

cooket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 VW Jetta GLI 20th Anniversary
i swear i saw someone say something about never over heating or anything while beating the shit outta these cars in vegas heat... but now i dont remember where i saw it of the billion reviews lol
Yeah in the Smoking Tire review he said they've been performing without issue in the heat