First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
so what's every doing to stay in shape or get healthier? post up what kind of workouts, diets, programs, etc that you guys are into.

as for me, i need to get active again. i quit playing hockey years ago and haven't skated in a while.

ive in the process of moving and building a house over the past year and have had little time. been feeling slow/sluggish and want to get into better shape.

have an old skateboarding/hockey injury that i have to be mindful of, so im planning on getting a stationary bike instead of another treadmill. any suggestions?

edit: this meme got me to thinking about making thread šŸ˜‚

c910944bb4f1e41e880d7a9d188eb337--funny-diet-quotes-funny-fitness-memes.jpg

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
so what's every doing to stay in shape or get healthier? post up what kind of workouts, diets, programs, etc that you guys are into.

as for me, i need to get active again. i quit playing hockey years ago and haven't skated in a while.

ive in the process of moving and building a house over the past year and have had little time. been feeling slow/sluggish and want to get into better shape.

have an old skateboarding/hockey injury that i have to be mindful of, so im planning on getting a stationary bike instead of another treadmill. any suggestions?

Iā€™m currently calorie countingā€¦eating basically nothing, boring as batshit

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
no exercise regime?
My job sees me walking 6 hours a day three days a week, I also walk my dogs every day two hours at a time, plus I have a second job, and a family/house to look after and run around with them
I used to run 7km a day but my knees can no longer handle it.
I hate cycling (Iā€™ve tried) and swimming doesn't seem to do anything (use to swim 20 laps of the Olympic sized pool everyday ā€¦still put weight on)
So I just do walking now

Last edited:

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT

I donā€™t have much advice fitness wise, but chiming in cause itā€™s nice to encounter a fellow hockey player on here šŸ˜ šŸ‘šŸ»
Ice or roller/inline?

Iā€™m in a similar boat as you; had a minor knee injury (unrelated to hockey) couple years ago and havenā€™t been back on ice since.

Hoping to get back to it soon though and build my ā€œskating legsā€ back up as Iā€™ve always felt much more conditioned/fit when I was playing hockey.

In addition to treadmill/biking, you could also try PNF stretching, supposed to be a good exercise for leg strengthening and flexibility.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I donā€™t have much advice fitness wise, but chiming in cause itā€™s nice to encounter a fellow hockey player on here šŸ˜ šŸ‘šŸ»
Ice or roller/inline?

Iā€™m in a similar boat as you; had a minor knee injury (unrelated to hockey) couple years ago and havenā€™t been back on ice since.

Hoping to get back to it soon though and build my ā€œskating legsā€ back up as Iā€™ve always felt much more conditioned/fit when I was playing hockey.

In addition to treadmill/biking, you could also try PNF stretching, supposed to be a good exercise for leg strengthening and flexibility.
oh cool...
yeah i actually played ice and inline too. inline is how i injured it. a screw came loose on my right front wheel while taking a snapshot.

had so much adrenalin running through my body because i was playing against a couple guys from the dallas stars farm team that got called up.

it hurt a little during the game and by the end i could barely walk. kept telling myself it was worth it because i scored 2 goals + 1 assit and our team won the game.

it was an skateboard injury that i re-aggregated. ended up having surgery and has not been right since.

Last edited:

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
My wife and I have been eating low carb (keto) for about a year now. We're both feeling a lot better. The upside is my wife no longer gets 'hangry' which has caused numerous arguments in the past.

As for exercise, I walk on the treadmill about an hour per day. That's about all my artificial knees will handle.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
My wife and I have been eating low carb (keto) for about a year now. We're both feeling a lot better. The upside is my wife no longer gets 'hangry' which has caused numerous arguments in the past.

As for exercise, I walk on the treadmill about an hour per day. That's about all my artificial knees will handle.
i need to check out keto to see what all is required. mainly to see if it interferes with me eating bbq and blue bell ice cream...

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
i need to check out keto to see what all is required. mainly to see if it interferes with me eating bbq and blue bell ice cream...
Dry rub BBQ is ok. My wife makes low carb ice cream, but its no Blue Bell, unfortunately.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Last week I hiked with my son, to the top of Longs Peak in Colorado. At 14,259ft high, it's the tallest peak in Rocky Mountain National Park.

I was gassed - huffing and puffing in the thin air during some of the steeper technical sections. I've done a few full Ironman triathlons in the past, but that was several years ago. Wake up call - got to get back in shape.

P1180513_c.jpg

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT
oh cool...
yeah i actually played ice and inline too. inline is how i injured it. a screw came loose on my right front wheel while taking a snapshot.

had so much adrenalin running through my body because i was playing against a couple guys from the dallas stars farm team that got called up.

it hurt a little during the game and by the end i could barely walk. kept telling myself it was worth it because i scored 2 goals + 1 assit and our team won the game.

it was an skateboard injury that i re-aggregated. ended up having surgery and has not been right since.
Oh nice!
Yeh ā€œsacrifice the bodyā€ as they say lol šŸ˜†, the injury sucks tho but not too often ya get a chance to play with NHL prospects I suppose, so atleast it makes for good story.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Did Keto 2017-2020, dropped 152 lbs in the process. (Wife taught me how to do it after she dropped over 100 herself 2015-2017)

2020, Fresh produce and quality meat got kinda hard to find for a bit.....ate a ton of boxed bullshit and gained 50 lbs back by 2022.

Got back on the Keto Wagon in 2022, dropped 45 lbs but I wasn't following through with the fiber and water requirements this time - Gave myself diverticulitis a month ago......it wasn't treated properly and a puncture was discovered in my colon because I went back to the ER after 2 wks (I was still feeling like death)

Scared the living holy hell out of my wife, daughter and myself - gotta drop Keto.

Now I'm doing things the old fashioned way.......eat less, do more

Wife ordered a tonal and a treadmill, gonna create our own home gym.