(Hawaii) Performance Trim finally arrives locally…for only $14,995 markup!!?? 😱🤪🤬

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
This shit is outta hand. This is no longer an affordable for most people. I know people will say you can now get a Camaro etc, but I’m sure those will go up in price as well.

We live in a bad times for cars

ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
Just went to see it at New City.
Looks amazing but of course, it's marked up.

OP
OP
LateZadopter

LateZadopter

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crosstrek Hybrid, COMING SOON (I hope): 2023 Z
Occupation
Entrepreneur
New City Nissan?? I was just there, they had nothing. What color was it?

ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
New City Nissan?? I was just there, they had nothing. What color was it?

My bad. I meant I was just at King. Although it clearly said King, I confused it for New City. They had a yellow one that arrived right after I left the island in August.

Last edited:

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
At least they aren't tacking on a 'dealer package' with options you don't want/need. That's progress right?

Dan Cohen

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SUBARU
Occupation
sales
No that is not progress...This is a joke....First of all be a man and mark it up 15,000 not a bull shit 14,995.......second of all I have the cash for this car......MSRP or not buying it......I have run a Subaru store for 37 years and this is just plain stupid.....wait wait wait eventually they will have these cars laying on their lot gathering dust.....this is not a hand made Ferrari....and Nissan has totally screwed up getting these cars into customers hands. So now taking longer to get any car and on top of that price gauging to get a car......No thanks not worth it....Very nice car but............

NecioVato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer
On one level - if this car WAS the Supra beater, and was taking and beating Mustangs and had nothing but rave reviews - then maybe the ADM could at least be justified. For instance when the Civic Type R first came out - it was not a bad review concerning it - offered what most wanted. Great handling and performance yet you could throw your weekly Costco shopping in the back and still have room for a baby seat. All I’m saying is adding ADM like others have said is just a slap in the face - I get maybe the Proto having ADM added since there is a limited amount but the normal trim is having that ADM and the reviews on this - are less than stellar. Yeah– not a good thing

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
At least they aren't tacking on a 'dealer package' with options you don't want/need. That's progress right?
When the dealership adds those dealer packages, they're "forced" to charge you for it. However, in my search for a new Tundra, most have those dealer packages for $5k, but if you ask the salesperson about it, they usually admit that the dealer package isn't installed yet, they're just hoping you go for it, or are too meek to challenge it.

AMV is at least something that can be negotiated away, and I have a feeling that you gotta play the "lottery" to have a chance to get it waived. It probably takes 20+ in-person customers balking at it, for you, the 21st person, to get it dropped. They're shopping us, not us shopping them.

Hopefully the crap economy and lackluster reviews will help, but I doubt it. I've seen lots of below average vehicles leave the lot with AMV

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
No that is not progress...This is a joke....First of all be a man and mark it up 15,000 not a bull shit 14,995.......second of all I have the cash for this car......MSRP or not buying it......I have run a Subaru store for 37 years and this is just plain stupid.....wait wait wait eventually they will have these cars laying on their lot gathering dust.....this is not a hand made Ferrari....and Nissan has totally screwed up getting these cars into customers hands. So now taking longer to get any car and on top of that price gauging to get a car......No thanks not worth it....Very nice car but............
Realize this may be a shot in the dark given the multiple variables involved, but curious nonetheless - given your experience in the industry, what would your estimate be of how long it'll take for this to start happening? Even if it's a range.

I'd like to think the rising interest rates will start scaring SOME people away, but given how atrociously slow these cars have made their way onto lots, which limits availability, I could see it taking a bit of time.

Dan Cohen

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SUBARU
Occupation
sales
Actually thought by now things would improve....shows you what I know huh.....This will go into next Spring all depending on how the demand keeps up for all car lines. As of now interest rates are not hurting the industry and hopefully will stay where they are. Any car mark up right now is a joke and unfair to customers, especially to keep customers in the long run. Greed is a bad thing and has always been. And right now you can see how bad it is. Up to the consumer to shop and get a fair deal which is not over MSRP. For any car make

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
2 years.

Things should've improved. But, perversely, things have actually been getting worse for everyone, not just Nissan.

It all ties back to everyone's reliance on a global supply chain, reluctance to divorce from it, and one country's insistence on a "zero COVID" policy screwing everything up.

Notice how pretty much the entire Western world has resumed business as usual? Feels weird that certain things are becoming even more difficult to come by, doesn't it?

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
I guess my sarcasm got lost in translation...

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
For the most part, the middle and upper classes have done quite well the past couple of years. Things got cheaper and remained there for a long time.

Almost 13% of buyers have payments of $1,000 or more. The average payment is $700!!!

https://jalopnik.com/a-lot-of-you-are-paying-more-than-1-000-a-month-for-yo-1849620379

With manufacturers turning out "loaded" units, continued higher rates to curb inflation, and manufacturers and dealers rethinking the "loaded" lot inventory posture it's going to be quite a while before things cool down.