Is that front grille growing on you yet?

Is that front grille growing on you yet?

• Total voters

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.
Did Nissan take any of our concerns to heart before the production car ? So many cars with Huge grilles these days, I wonder ifmthis grille will stand the test of time ? Thoughts ?

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
I'm used to it now, can't say I'm fond of it, but only seeing it IRL for the first time next week so that may change. It's a big reason I went with a darker colour, so it won't be so prominent.

OP
OP

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.
I'm used to it now, can't say I'm fond of it, but only seeing it IRL for the first time next week so that may change. It's a big reason I went with a darker colour, so it won't be so prominent.
Seems everyone going that way. Even if not functional. Maybe we will look back and like it. Remeber when all goes electric, there will not be front grilles.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
I liked it from the first time I saw the Proto in the intro video during the live reveal.

I feel like this Z is going to age really well, and would drive it regardless of what other people think about it.

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
I didn't dislike the front grille when I first saw it on the Proto, but I wasn't thrilled either. But it's grown on me and is now a complete non issue. Not vital, but the gunmetal accent they added for the production model was an improvement, in my eyes.

1644621832612.png

The only time I think it has a hint of awkwardness is from a dead-on camera shot like this. Even then, I still think it's fine.

1644621932765.png

Looks great from an angle:

1644621982126.png

Last edited:

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Put me as, "eh, whatever". It's not offensive, nor is it great. I get why it was done this way.

What would have pleased me? Z32 inspired front end.

I'm grateful it's not over styled. The car has restrained design, if you don't like the front bumper cover, it should be pretty easy to customize it the way you want.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
See it in person and your perspective will change. I love it. It fits the car, and I'm hopeful it'll be equally functional in bringing in plenty of air to keep temps in check.

As others have said, this car will age quite gracefully—it's a proper tribute to the models that came before, while bringing in more modern-day advancements in design, etc.