Hands Up all the Aussies

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Yep, well, we were told dealers would know allocations in July.

Fuck I'm really loving this never ending story we've got going. I reckon I'll be almost disappointed for the car to finally arrive and this saga to come to its conclusion.

The hell am I meant to whinge about when it's all over? 🤔😅

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
More phone calls to my dealer, he's contacting their Nissan representative now to confirm what's on this ship that we've been told about.

Apparently they're halfway through Coupe allocation but yet to phone anyone..
Does “halfway through the Coupe allocation” mean they have dealt half the cars they are getting or that they have cars to deal with half the preorders do you think?

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Does “halfway through the Coupe allocation” mean they have dealt half the cars they are getting or that they have cars to deal with half the preorders do you think?
God only knows. As I keep telling my local dealership, the wait is fine but the lack of communication is not.

How about an email stating that they at least have our orders?

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
+1 @jezzza. Bit of common courtesy goes a long way. I reckon that's by far the most common complaint any of us have had. Nissan mucking around with features for the trim levels was an absolute pain, but the silence is what pissed all of us off at one time or another.

Even now I've not received that elusive call from some Nissan Oz rep.

The free factory mats we'd all better be getting had better be the best damn mats we've ever seen!

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
More phone calls to my dealer, he's contacting their Nissan representative now to confirm what's on this ship that we've been told about.
I can confirm that a ship is due in THIS month loaded with Nissans. Allocations for said Nissans are being worked on and should be finalised next week.

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
370z
Occupation
Metallurgist
I can confirm that a ship is due in THIS month loaded with Nissans. Allocations for said Nissans are being worked on and should be finalised next week.
Great to see that you can get some info from your dealer.
I garranree if I called my dealer(Australia's largest volume dealer) they'd have no news.
Maybe we should all bombard them with update calls next week

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
God only knows. As I keep telling my local dealership, the wait is fine but the lack of communication is not.

How about an email stating that they at least have our orders?
Interesting…wondering if they are allocating, but maybe will release to dealers all in one go, so that dealerships will contact everyone at the same time…. Instead of rumoured Nissan head office calling.

I’d be mighty pissed if they mean they are half way through allocations, but we weren’t a part of that @jezzza …after all if we don’t get a call very few would be

Half way through…wonder when they started, surely it’s as easy as starting at the top of the list and matching person to car until you run out.
I mean even if it’s 500, should be able to rattle that off in a day…prep it, put it in the system…release to dealers.
Better be there by Monday, started a new job and taking phone calls is not as easy as it use to be 😖

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Edit…when they say finalised…should we be expecting calls next week?
And can you confirm there is a mix on the ship …proto, demo and coupes for the general public? Or is it just Protos and dealers demos onboard??

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Interesting…wondering if they are allocating, but maybe will release to dealers all in one go, so that dealerships will contact everyone at the same time…. Instead of rumoured Nissan head office calling.
Funny you say. Exactly this was mentioned by the representative.

Edit…when they say finalised…should we be expecting calls next week?
It's possible though I've learnt not to expect anything from these guys.

And can you confirm there is a mix on the ship …proto, demo and coupes for the general public? Or is it just Protos and dealers demos onboard??
No one's confirmed that there's Zs onboard said ship but we do know that these vessels hold over 5000 vehicles. (aka there's almost certainly Zs onboard.)

Beard

First Name
Beard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liberty GT TbSTi
Few of the media outlets said it was a preproduction model too. This car it also currently on display at Nissan Mulgrave.

CF4B80FF-0D55-46F1-9E56-647AAAFFEEC7.jpeg
Anyone got centre console photos? I sure hope we get a flipped centre console. I can't unsee the hand brake being on the wrong side in the promotional images.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Anyone got centre console photos? I sure hope we get a flipped centre console. I can't unsee the hand brake being on the wrong side in the promotional images.
I mentioned it a while ago…apparently it was on the wrong side in the 370z as well which I was not aware of