First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
People are so hung up over what the top tier trim costs that they're missing the fact you can get a 400hp Z for $3,000 less than a 255hp Supra.
True! It's ludicrously decontented in terms of some basic performance bits but this is undeniably true, in a hypothetical sense (i.e. You're unlikely to find these at dealerships for quite some time, if at all).

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
Well, by average I mean no connection to a dealership, and not willing to pay ADM.

I mean, some of these guys who say "what's the problem, I walked into my dealership and got the car without issue" ... you find out that guy has bought 5+ cars from that dealership. So yeah, the dealer probably breaks out wine and cheese when that customer shows up, lol.

I can haggle like an MF and walk from any deal. I bought my first new car just before COVID, for 14k USD off the lot. In a turnabout, the sales guy seemed worn down. :)

But if this is Broncoland with cats throwing money around 5k, 10k, 20k AMDs like confetti and patting themselves on the back for having spent 60k+ on their toy... going on now for over a year ... I'm not playing that game. Or playing treasure hunt. I'd like a Z, but definitely not as much as those type of buyers.

It seems a thing now to throw money at loaded vehicles, even by people who don't have the money. Will be interesting to see what the tightening credit situation does to that scene as you mentioned.

Also I'll be interested to see when and where the first customer walks out of a dealership with a real 41k Z.

Nissan has always been the easiest to finance low scores. Going to be a lot of cats driving and bragging about their 45k Z paying 1100/month !

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
Yeah a little disappointing, but then again not really that bad. My 1320 is supposed to do 3.7, but the best I've been able to do is 4.6 on the street. I haven't tried the drag spec launch control yet though and that is with full pressure in the tires. But with the higher than expected price and possible mark-ups I think I'll pass for now unless I decide to go manual trans and it does better than they are expecting with that setup. I think the SS is the only one of the muscle/sport cars to be able to match its auto's time with the manual. Too bad they are asking too much for the Supra and Mach 1 as I was considering looking into trading my Scat Pack for one of those since the trade-in values are so high at the moment and I got 20k equity off it on from my Mustang. I probably won't do it though because I don't want to give up my 0% interest and I'm sure I won't get anywhere close to that on these. A more sensible choice may be the California Special. Kind of pricey too when you option it out though. It does look pretty good in Atlas Blue, Red and the new Orange!

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
Well, by average I mean no connection to a dealership, and not willing to pay ADM.

I mean, some of these guys who say "what's the problem, I walked into my dealership and got the car without issue" ... you find out that guy has bought 5+ cars from that dealership. So yeah, the dealer probably breaks out wine and cheese when that customer shows up, lol.

I can haggle like an MF and walk from any deal. I bought my first new car just before COVID, for 14k USD off the lot. In a turnabout, the sales guy seemed worn down. :)

But if this is Broncoland with cats throwing money around 5k, 10k, 20k AMDs like confetti and patting themselves on the back for having spent 60k+ on their toy... going on now for over a year ... I'm not playing that game. Or playing treasure hunt. I'd like a Z, but definitely not as much as those type of buyers.

It seems a thing now to throw money at loaded vehicles, even by people who don't have the money. Will be interesting to see what the tightening credit situation does to that scene as you mentioned.

Also I'll be interested to see when and where the first customer walks out of a dealership with a real 41k Z.
All the YouTubbie influencers will be snatching these up at whatever price the dealerships set. Just so they can boast about all the bolt ons they just installed for content. 😵

-RJM

Lvckv69

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 911
Nissan has always been the easiest to finance low scores. Going to be a lot of cats driving and bragging about their 45k Z paying 1100/month !
You really think people are gonna get the new Z at 45k without paying any dealer markups? lol. Nissan nor any bank will NOT let you finance a +45k car if you have a poor credit.

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
You really think people are gonna get the new Z at 45k without paying any dealer markups? lol. Nissan nor any bank will NOT let you finance a +45k car if you have a poor credit.
That has been their bread and butter for 20 years. If you can't get financed at Honda try Nissan.

Vilithrax

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C8
People are so hung up over what the top tier trim costs that they're missing the fact you can get a 400hp Z for $3,000 less than a 255hp Supra.
Sounds like you haven’t seen the dyno comparison..

Supra dynoed higher yesterday, Z made 365

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Ams performance did back to back dyno of a Supra and 400z. Supra dynoed higher by a lot.
You can probably find it on their Facebook. I see it posted everything on the Supra groups
Two things:

1) it's the Z, not 400z
2) that "dyno" is fake, I'd guess Photoshopped. Cannot be found on any of their social platforms, and I sincerely doubt Nissan would let anyone dyno a pre-prod.

romanLegion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0
Ams performance did back to back dyno of a Supra and 400z. Supra dynoed higher by a lot.
You can probably find it on their Facebook. I see it posted everything on the Supra groups
They took it down, probably to avoid deterring people from the Z.