(Hagerty) How fast is the new $50k Nissan Z? — New Z vs Supra vs Mustang Mach-1

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Not sure why everyone hangs a cars identity on some BS drag race result. Big shock there is always another car faster in a straight line. When an EV Equinox Redline Editiom blows the doors off a Z will that make the car trash?
Because dumb ass YouTubers (from which you guys are a far cry) convinced people that highway pulls in automatics are the most important thing on the planet. Again automatics. Zero skill involved. Pure retardation.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Not sure why everyone hangs a cars identity on some BS drag race result. Big shock there is always another car faster in a straight line. When an EV Equinox Redline Editiom blows the doors off a Z will that make the car trash?
Also, apologies for not mentioning it before. Thank you for your videos, and for everything you guys do to try to educate the car community. You guys should be, and God willing you will be, at several million subscribers with the quality of your work. Your Z video is some of your best work yet, and very much appreciated.

dezoris

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Buguatti Trax
Occupation
CUV Enthusiast
Go look at current prices of sports cars, compare them to the price of their previous models (or even pre-COVID), then look at the Z's pricing, then tell me who's ACTUALLY living in reality.
You mean like Type Rs selling for 50k, Elantran Ns and Golf Rs for over 40k? People paying 20k over for GT350s, 100k over for GT3s. What RWD manual 400+ HP sports car is cheap that you can buy today?

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
You mean like Type Rs selling for 50k, Elantran Ns and Golf Rs for over 40k? People paying 20k over for GT350s, 100k over for GT3s. What RWD manual 400+ HP sports car is cheap that you can buy today?
🙄

Don't confuse MSRP with the price people are WILLING to pay. Am I WILLING to pay $50k for the Z? Yes... if that was out the door, tax, tags, etc included. But starting at $50k and slapping all that on top, including the more than likely ADMs? Not just no but FUCK no.

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
As is, I'd take the Z over anything not a C8.......but not for 50k.
Thats where I stand as well. I'll be waiting to see if prices drop in the future because aftee taxes, tags, etc, im just not willing to pay 55k for the car. Is what it is.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Z needs wider tires on the rear. I'm running 295's on my 19" Nismo wheels. Doing drag races on engines that are not even broken in properly is ridiculous.
I rented a track and ran 36 passes when my Evo had less than 1000 miles on the clock. Best way to break in an engine is to go full send.

100% agree on tires. Wider AND better. Why they didn't run MPSS/MPS4S blows my mind.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
Man going over this video again I was like wtf a truck is taking us to dinner at gapplebees to lol but I realize it’s the 700 hp truck lol

Eatonian49

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 R/T Challenger, Focus SE
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Has any reviewer been able to do a burnout manual or automatic otherwise?

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
Would like to see this with some Michelin performance tires. That would probably help all that spin.