First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Proto Spec A/T
Occupation
Business Owner
Had my finger on the pulse of several dealers in town through a local dealer / owner contact. I had options on 8 in Dallas and the negotiations were quit interesting. First option + 25k, option 2 -4 +20k, stopped there and wrote off the limited Edition- not gonna pay that much over. Planned on a build to order and wait.

A Random conversation at a bar lead to a contact at Grapevine Nissan & we cut the deal over text @ +5k over list. Curious to know of limited Edition owners - what did you pay? The car is phenomenal, head turner for sure- I’ve been stopped 15-20 for people wanting to take a look. Love it, driving is fun again.
9F2CAF6B-6FA1-4280-A5A2-234E78E9A10E.jpeg

Georges1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer
Congratulations on your purchase. $5K over MSRP is a good deal taking into consideration it is such a limited edition model. My ‘72 240 is my no rain car. If/when I get a new Z that will be my driver. I decided not to even try for the proto because I know I would want to keep the mileage low, not drive in the rain, etc. When the reselling starts, people will want low, low mileage. There will even be some cars where the purchaser wants it just as it came off of the truck with shipping materials in place. Wouldn’t be surprised to see one at Barrett-Jackson or Mecum very soon being resold. Enjoy your ride. It will be a real head turner.

OP
OP
Marshall58of240

Marshall58of240

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Business Owner
Congratulations on your purchase. $5K over MSRP is a good deal taking into consideration it is such a limited edition model. My ‘72 240 is my no rain car. If/when I get a new Z that will be my driver. I decided not to even try for the proto because I know I would want to keep the mileage low, not drive in the rain, etc. When the reselling starts, people will want low, low mileage. There will even be some cars where the purchaser wants it just as it came off of the truck with shipping materials in place. Wouldn’t be surprised to see one at Barrett-Jackson or Mecum very soon being resold. Enjoy your ride. It will be a real head turner.
I had (3)240’s growing up & like many wish I would have had kept at least one. They defined my late teens and early 20’s - I’m envious of your 72 model and would definitely pick one up at auction or through private seller if the opportunity presented itself. Beautiful car & as much of a head turner as the latest models IMHO. Best of luck w/ the new Z

Georges1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer
Are you planning to install the front license plate?

OP
OP
Marshall58of240

Marshall58of240

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Business Owner
Are you planning to install the front license plate?
I don't want to put it on if I can get away with it but I was provided with the front plate kit from Nissan.

From Texas DMV - According to Texas law, all vehicles must have a license plate on the front and the rear. Those who do not adhere to the law can face a fine of up to $200. The law does specify an exception to the rule for road tractors, motorcycles, trailers, and semitrailers.

One Good thing the plates are black and they mount on black on the car so may not look so bad. I'll know for sure in a couple weeks.