Nissan Z - The Price is Right Edition / Expected pricing model?

bybepl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cayman S
Occupation
IT
If it's actually going to be almost 10 grand more for the performance, depending on how fast companies like AMS an z1 hop on it, a good move could be to get a sport and then just buy an aftermarket lsd and put on the akebonos for reasonably cheaper than the performance.
Is there such a thing as an aftermarket LSD, also isn't the clutch (Exedy) different on Performance?

bybepl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cayman S
Occupation
IT
We should add a thread title 'When to get pricing information', they must have that at least nailed down.

spencello

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
PRL Motorsports Sales Manager
I'm betting on a $7500-10k price jump from Sport to Performance.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
The 370Z was ~$30,000 base and ~$39,500 for the sport touring. In that sense I see the base 2023 Z being ~$40,000 and Performance being ~$49,500.
Doubt it. Sport Touring was a combination of two different higher models (Sport and Touring, which I believe Touring eventually got removed leaving just Sport and Sport Touring) which is why the price was that much higher. Just moving up to a Sport was something like $4k or a little under that.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Doubt it. Sport Touring was a combination of two different higher models (Sport and Touring, which I believe Touring eventually got removed leaving just Sport and Sport Touring) which is why the price was that much higher. Just moving up to a Sport was something like $4k or a little under that.
From 2009-2014 it was Sport touring, which indeed was a combination of the two packages, then from 2015-2019 I believe it changed to Sport Tech, which is the same two packages just different naming, then they changed it back to Sport Touring for the last couple of years.

All of following comes ONLY with the Performance trim according to the spec sheet:
- Leather, heated, 4-way power controlled seats
- Leather interior w/ Unique seat cushion and side bolster design and Suede-appointed door trim
- Leather steering wheel
- 9.0-inch touchscreen display with navigation
- Akebono brakes
- Bigger brake rotors front and rear
- 19" Rays wheels
- LSD diff
- Bigger paddle shifters (GTR's)
- Launch control
- Syncro Rev match w/ the 6M
- Sport tuned suspension
- Bridgestone Potenza® S007 high performance tires
- Heated outside mirrors
- Front chin spoiler
- Rear spoiler
- Bose® audio with 8 speakers, Active Noise Cancellation, Active Sound Enhancement
- NissanConnect® with WiFi hotspot
- NissanConnect® Services
- HomeLink® Universal Transceiver
- Aluminum trimmed sport pedals
- Glove compartment dampening

I can tell you right now all of these options will not be $5k. There's more standard Performance options than they had with the Sport Touring 370Z trim in all aspects. Technology, performance, and interior. I'd love to be wrong trust me, but I can assure you looking at that list right now that the Performance trim is gonna be close to $50k. I'd be ecstatic if it was $47k or less, but I just can't see it.

Also something else to keep in mind is that it's very likely at least 1 or 2 of the exterior paint colors will cost extra. There's usually a couple "special" colors that cost more than others. For example, Pearl White Tricoat for the GTR costs $1000 extra. I don't think the Z will cost as much, but I'd guess around half that. In comparison for the new Murano it costs nearly $400 for Pearl White Tricoat. I'd guess the Passion Red Tricoat and Everst White Tricoat will be the 2 colors that cost extra.

Last edited:

tractng

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 RDX, 2016 Miata
Occupation
Systems Admin
From 2009-2013 it was Sport touring, which indeed was a combination of the two packages, then from 2015-2019 I believe it changed to Sport Tech, which is the same two packages just different naming, then they changed it back to Sport Touring for the last couple of years.

All of following comes ONLY with the Performance trim according to the spec sheet:
- Leather, heated, 4-way power controlled seats
- Leather interior w/ Unique seat cushion and side bolster design and Suede-appointed door trim
- Leather steering wheel
- 9.0-inch touchscreen display with navigation
- Akebono brakes
- Bigger brake rotors front and rear
- 19" Rays wheels
- LSD diff
- Bigger paddle shifters (GTR's)
- Launch control
- Syncro Rev match w/ the 6M
- Sport tuned suspension
- Bridgestone Potenza® S007 high performance tires
- Heated outside mirrors
- Front chin spoiler
- Rear spoiler
- Bose® audio with 8 speakers, Active Noise Cancellation, Active Sound Enhancement
- NissanConnect® with WiFi hotspot
- NissanConnect® Services
- HomeLink® Universal Transceiver
- Aluminum trimmed sport pedals
- Glove compartment dampening

I can tell you right now all of these options will not be $5k. There's more standard Performance options than they had with the Sport Touring 370Z trim in all aspects. Technology, performance, and interior. I'd love to be wrong trust me, but I can assure you looking at that list right now that the Performance trim is gonna be close to $50k. I'd be ecstatic if it was $47k or less, but I just can't see it.

Also something else to keep in mind is that it's very likely at least 1 or 2 of the exterior paint colors will cost extra. There's usually a couple "special" colors that cost more than others. For example, Pearl White Tricoat for the GTR costs $1000 extra. I don't think the Z will cost as much, but I'd guess around half that. In comparison for the new Murano it costs nearly $400 for Pearl White Tricoat. I'd guess the Passion Red Tricoat and Everst White Tricoat will be the 2 colors that cost extra.
Great breakdown. Let me check my wholesale price items. For the Sport, it would be $38.5K. Performance would be $45.5K.

TT

bybepl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cayman S
Occupation
IT
If the performance comes in at 50k that is Supra 3.0 territory and all along from everything I've heard they wanted to undercut the Supra to take market share. I sure hope it's not 50k, if it is I'd question that I'd pull the trigger even though I'm first on the list at my local dealer.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
They always kept saying around 40k my guess would be 37-38k for the sport and 44-45k for the performance would really be a great price point vs the supras

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Also something else to keep in mind is that it's very likely at least 1 or 2 of the exterior paint colors will cost extra. There's usually a couple "special" colors that cost more than others.
Nissan have stated that all colors excluding Rosewood Metallic, and two-tone paint available at extra cost. Aside from the Z Proto Spec only being available in Ikazuchi Yellow with Super Black Roof.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Nissan have stated that all colors excluding Rosewood Metallic, and two-tone paint available at extra cost. Aside from the Z Proto Spec only being available in Ikazuchi Yellow with Super Black Roof.
Where/when did you hear this stated? Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're saying only Rosewood and two-tone paints don't cost extra? That would only leave Gun Metallic and Black Diamond Metallic costing extra which doesn't make sense. Gun Metallic, Brilliant Silver, and Black all come at no extra cost for all cars in their current line. For all of Nissan's current cars the TriCoat exterior paint colors all cost extra. Only seems logical that TriCoat would cost extra for the Z as well so I'm not sure what you heard is accurate. And I believe Ikazuchi Yellow is available for all Z trims, not just the Proto spec cars; seeing as a Base model Z was recently spotted in Ikazuchi Yellow.

1641957795859.png

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Where/when did you hear this stated? Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're saying only Rosewood and two-tone paints don't cost extra? That would only leave Gun Metallic and Black Diamond Metallic costing extra which doesn't make sense. Gun Metallic, Brilliant Silver, and Black all come at no extra cost for all cars in their current line. For all of Nissan's current cars the TriCoat exterior paint colors all cost extra. Only seems logical that TriCoat would cost extra for the Z as well so I'm not sure what you heard is accurate. And I believe Ikazuchi Yellow is available for all Z trims, not just the Proto spec cars; seeing as a Base model Z was recently spotted in Ikazuchi Yellow.

1641957795859.png
Correct…it was on the Australian specs for pre order you can find the info here…that is if the US is the same as Aus

https://www.nissan.com.au/vehicles/coming-soon/Z.html