Emerald Ace is docked and loaded

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
If she's not carrying any Zs, I'll be the one saying, "Oh poo."
A bunch of us Aussies have been given April/May timeline for delivery
The cars are supposedly madeā€¦yet no ships loading at present.
Some say itā€™s quarantine back log. I know this is an issueā€¦but I donā€™t believe itā€™s the issue stopping all Zs into Australia, because there is apparently 0 backlog for any other Nissan ā€¦so if they can send 1,2,3 modelsā€¦surly they could send the Z

Somethings not adding up

Last edited:
OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Why not move to the US West Coast, now with atmospheric rain, floods, landslides, buried in snow, street potholes, very exciting!! :p
@West Aussie, the things that @trackratZ mentions aren't that bad, but you'd have to learn to shift with your right hand and drive on the right side of the road. I remember driving in New Zealand, I'd often turn on my wipers trying to activate a turn signal. Fortunately, everyone survived.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
@West Aussie, the things that @trackratZ mentions aren't that bad, but you'd have to learn to shift with your right hand and drive on the right side of the road. I remember driving in New Zealand, I'd often turn on my wipers trying to activate a turn signal. Fortunately, everyone survived.
Well, Iā€™ll tell you a tale.
Many years ago, my then boyfriend ( now husband) and I were driving around Europeā€¦.part of that drive was from Genoa to Florence.
As all good girlfriends do, I sat back and gave directions as he drove, played the tunes ā€¦you know the deal.
Partly because at the time I didnā€™t get an international licence, but mostly because of driving on the other side of the road worried me.
Anyway, on our last night in Genoa we went to a fancy restaurant and he had seafoodā€¦now we all know you shouldnā€™t order seafood overseas. But it was a fancy restaurant in a major first world city, so didnā€™t think it would be an issue.

The next day he was sick as a dog, but I still wasnā€™t keen to drive on the wrong side of the road, so he battled on.
Half way through the day he just couldnā€™t do it anymore, and I was forced to take over

Of course this happened just as we were heading into the windy mountain range roads ( which I love at home, but not on the wrong side)

I kid you not, it was only about 15 minutes later that a wild boar ran in front of the car making me slam on the breaks and almost go off the edge
Of course my husband was asleep at the time and to this dayā€¦24 years on, he still doesnā€™t believe me and thinks I made it up so I wouldnā€™t have to drive anymore.

So whilst I could get use to itā€¦Iā€™m not overly keen šŸ¤£
Although the Peugeot was made in France so Iā€™m quite use to indicators etc on the wrong side ( yeah I said itā€¦wrong sidešŸ¤£)

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
You left out earthquakes and wildfires!
No one does fires better than Australia šŸ˜ž
Can I ask a genuine question though?
Why do people keep building wood or fibrous houses in hurricane areas

In WA we build double brick houses ( the east usually single brick and plaster interior) , and when they show your disaster areas ā€¦the brick ones are usually still standing

Last edited:
OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

In WA we build double brick houses ( the east usually single brick and plaster interior) , and when they show your disaster areas ā€¦the broke ones are usually still standing
If I had to guess: šŸ’²

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Many years ago, my then boyfriend ( now husband) and I were driving around Europeā€¦.part of that drive was from Genoa to Florence.
Oh man, my cousin and I drove the other direction on vacay last Oct, what a beautiful drive across northern Italy! All those small towns and roundabouts were easy since not as crowded as the more touristy areas southern parts, very memorable! Loved the west coast Genoa culture, then the riviera cities Cinque Terra and artsy Pisa! If I could recommend someone on a short Italy trip highly recommend that west coast.
Thanks for bringing that upšŸ˜ŠšŸ‘

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer

In WA we build double brick houses ( the east usually single brick and plaster interior) , and when they show your disaster areas ā€¦the brick ones are usually still standing
Well in Florida, I imagine they'd just sink into the sand and/or swamp land because bricks are heavy.

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just noticed, @Administrator, did you change the title of this thread to add "docked and loaded"? If so, good call! šŸ»