StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
I mean, the exhaust does sound pretty good. It may be a "bit" loud for me as a daily. After seeing a few setups, it's amazing how changing out those downpipes changes the sound and introduces a little turbo whistle. Too bad they're almost two grand for catted version, and a royal pain in the ass to get to

OP
OP
jezzza

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
I mean, the exhaust does sound pretty good. It may be a "bit" loud for me as a daily. After seeing a few setups, it's amazing how changing out those downpipes changes the sound and introduces a little turbo whistle. Too bad they're almost two grand for catted version, and a royal pain in the ass to get to
I'm a big fan of that H pipe muffler, clean and simple. Testing indicates that that stock downpipes/cats are the bottleneck for both sound and performance. Just a shame that they're the trickiest and most expensive component!

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
I’ve watched a few of the Dustin Williams bolt on videos. Not a bad way to spend $10K. Those injectors and in-tank fuel pump look like a major pain in the ass to install.

-RJM

SavedByFaith_

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z (Performance)
Recent fan of Dustin.
His Japan vlogs are decent.

Love watching these bolts-ons!

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
I think for a true performance upgrade cat, w/ same amount of precious metal as OEM, it needs to cost like 2-3times more. The cross-sectional area of the honeycomb needs to be like twice the size to make it breath better. But I don't think anybody offer that, and for that reason people should never sell off their OEM cats.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
I think for a true performance upgrade cat, w/ same amount of precious metal as OEM, it needs to cost like 2-3times more. The cross-sectional area of the honeycomb needs to be like twice the size to make it breath better. But I don't think anybody offer that, and for that reason people should never sell off their OEM cats.
I got $1400 for my used OEM cat. It was in the mail in a heart beat. My new aftermarket catted downpipe was only $600. It was a no brainer decision.

-RJM

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
Did he call it an EVO at the end of the video? 💀😂

I do enjoy some of Dustin’s vlogs but his camera skills suck ass. I get motion sickness and want to barf.

-RJM