Does Infiniti Have Any Plans To Make Their Luxury Equivalent Of The Z ?

NiZmonium

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 G37 6MT
Or is that what the Q60 is for , basically ?

350Z - G35 , 370Z - G37

Or is Infiniti pretty dead as a company , besides the SUVs they are producing ?

Screenshot 2022-04-30 092146.jpg

Sick car , no doubt . But not with the slush box auto transmission , and the extremely outdated interior . (no offense Q owners)

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
None that anyone knows of. The Q60 will probably see a refresh soon though.

Infiniti is really struggling. Beyond a refresh of their current lineup, I don't see them introducing a news sports coupe.

Me personally, I'd like to see the QX50 drop the cvt and get a refresh. Perfect daily right there.

OP
OP
NiZmonium

NiZmonium

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 G37 6MT
None that anyone knows of. The Q60 will probably see a refresh soon though.

Infiniti is really struggling. Beyond a refresh of their current lineup, I don't see them introducing a news sports coupe.

Me personally, I'd like to see the QX50 drop the cvt and get a refresh. Perfect daily right there.
I would really consider a Q60 or even a Q50 if they offered a manual and updated the interior . That would be a pretty solid daily driver. But that likely will never happen .

They are making some decent looking SUVs , hopefully they help the company turn itself around

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
I have no idea about an "Infiniti Z", however, there were talks of the Lexus version of the J29 Supra. Obviously it was just nothing more than talks and nothing ever became of it.

In a similarly fashion there were some rumors of a Lexus 86. Supposedly there was even a test mule with that weird Lexus predator grille.

OP
OP
NiZmonium

NiZmonium

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 G37 6MT
I have no idea about an "Infiniti Z", however, there were talks of the Lexus version of the J29 Supra. Obviously it was just nothing more than talks and nothing ever became of it.

In a similarly fashion there were some rumors of a Lexus 86. Supposedly there was even a test mule with that weird Lexus predator grille.
That would be a nice alternative to the overweight bloated RC-F

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
I would really consider a Q60 or even a Q50 if they offered a manual and updated the interior . That would be a pretty solid daily driver. But that likely will never happen .

They are making some decent looking SUVs , hopefully they help the company turn itself around
They dropped the CVT from the QX60, uses a ZF8 now. So I'm hoping it's only a matter of time before they realize they need to do that with the rest of their lineup.