Dodge Charger Daytona SRT Concept -- Electric Muscle Cars Incoming

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
The move is expected to happen by the end of the year and comes as opening the network is a requirement to get access to new federal funds to accelerate the deployment of EV charging stations.
The federal government needs to let the EV industry figure this out on their own without financial backing. If the federal government needs to subsidize or incentivize anything, it's the power grid and infrastructure that needs the help - doesn't matter how many charging stations you have without juice. Our power grid is not positioned to handle mass EV adoption in this country for how Americans drive vehicles.

The sentiment that we need more charging stations without looking at the entire picture of how we facilitate this is shortsighted. We need to prop up carbon-neutral macro power solutions like more nuclear power plants to get us there.

Z Again

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota T100, Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
retired
A 2 door is good news. Now Dodge offer the turbo straight six with a manual tremec.

AlanZ

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Performance 6MT Black Diamond/Graphite
Occupation
Civil Servant
I always wondered why they didn’t make the charger in a 2 door. I think it looks pretty nice.

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
While I don't know if it's a complete design-home-run (rear treatment is a little questionable) you have to applaud this kind of thing coming from a major manufacturer. A large, stylish coupe with EV and ICE options, both of which will be performance-oriented? Bravo, Dodge.