新型 (new model)
フェアレディ(fairlady)
Z
メール (mail)
マガジン(magazine)
DISCOVERY Z
インタビュー (interview)
動画 (video)

These two testers talk about how they feel about the new Z when doing stability and handling testing.
Not much info we don't already known was revealed.
Sorry. My Japanese is self-learned. Feel free to correct me.

The video is *unlisted*. Cannot be found through youtube search.
Interesting how OP found it.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Can someone please translate this?
新型 (new model)
フェアレディ(fairlady)
Z
メール (mail)
マガジン(magazine)
DISCOVERY Z
インタビュー (interview)
動画 (video)

These two testers talk about how they feel about the new Z when doing stability and handling testing.
Not much info we don't already known was revealed.
Sorry. My Japanese is self-learned. Feel free to correct me.

The video is *unlisted*. Cannot be found through youtube search.
Interesting how OP found it.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
The red interior is nicely done. I want one!

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Engineer
This appears to be shot somewhere in Europe. The roads are laid out for LHD and the road sign design is the same as they have over there. The front plate holder shape appears to be for European plates.

*EDIT. Disregard, it is on a test track laid out to look European.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Haste

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Interesting... the link I posted says it's at Nissan Land Test Center in Japan when translated. Possibly the one in Hokkaido, but I'm not exactly sure as they have 3 or 4 total.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Engineer
I had a coworker translate this. The drivers aren't discussing the performance.

"What kind of car should Z be?"

*** Z is a dance partner***

First of all, Mr. Tamura from CPS said that Z is a dance partner. I thought that the word "dance partner" was a very beautiful word for the Experimental Department. But when we actually make a car, we started thinking about what a dance partner is, that was the start of developing this Z.

*** A car you can love for a long time***

Among those questions, when we say 'what kind of car' to go deep into, a car that an owner can love for a long time was one of the keywords that the Experimental Department shared and worked on through the development.

What it means to love a car for a long time is that you want to stay in the car for a long time, you want to keep this car for a long time, and of course, the fun of every moment is important, but we thought that you want to stay in or ride the car for a long time, was a necessary part when we developed this Z.

We have developed this car while looking back on the fact that you can love the tuning for a long time when we replaced it, even it's just one tuning though.

***Don't do anything eccentric***

This is the word we use with an image, the point is, that rather than giving you a strong impact at the moment when they get in the car, we wanted to value the impression when you ride on it for a long time. When we say this in our professional field, it can be seen in the soda fillet, and the movement of the suspension, the image of the car won't change from the day you start driving it. We've always talked about that we want to make a real car that doesn't change its image even if it's been used for a long time.

***Be aware of Z’s tradition***

The word "Z" has been there with us all the time, and of course the design is a homage to the previous generation, but there are also places where newly designed. There are some points, for example the meter is a little homage and we left the triple meters on the instrument panel, we have inherited what has been said to be Z-like, at least to the extent possible.

***What we want you to feel when you meet Z***

When you open the door, get in, and grab the steering wheel, we want the customer to smile complacently. Saying “I like it!” in their heart. We think driving a car starts from there. We'd like to get people to say that “I feel something good” right after they get in, and we want to make that kind of car.

We believe you can feel that you will get a supple and solid feeling no matter where you run.