Disappointment with the New 2023 Z???

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT
I’m having a hard time putting much stock in these stat comparisons due to all the variation between reviewers. Similar to the variation in dyno outputs, we've now seen MT report a 12.9s @ 107mph quarter mile, while C&D previously reported 12.6s @ 115mph, and as low as 12.3s @ 116mph from Hagerty. Pretty stark variations IMO, and I can’t imagine all of that difference is due to pre-production unit related reasons; the only constant in these stat comparisons is the Supra (and most other competitors) always seem to post faster relative times.

Regardless, unless you simply must have great numbers for bragging rights, or a primal need to race every stranger that pulls up at a stop light, I feel it’s important to also consider how the car will align to your preferences & needs in a vacuum.
In most reviews I’ve seen, the consistent takeaway seems to be that it’s not a track ready car (in stock form), but has plenty of power, good amenities, great style, and is fun & engaging to drive.

As the market stands currently, the Perf Z is definitely overpriced. Though as far as performance numbers go, the jury is out for me until Nissan releases a NISMO model.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
My guess:
The 9" infotainment has Sat Radio. Which we don't have here.
Nah…Nissan clearly stated we were getting the smaller screen because they couldn’t source enough to go around.
To be honest your point makes more sense…but it’s not the excuse they gave 😔

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
Nah…Nissan clearly stated we were getting the smaller screen because they couldn’t source enough to go around.
To be honest your point makes more sense…but it’s not the excuse they gave 😔
And you're starting to believe what Nissan says now??? 🤣 🤣 🤣

Last edited:

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
I can wait for a year until the hype die down.

It comes down to $money. Either way, I'm gonna have to spend $800/mo or $1000/mo on money I don't have.... lol

Zupra88

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z, 2022 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Nursing Home Administrator
I'm disappointed it doesn't have cooled seats, HUD and a towing package.
Honestly a little disappointed it doesn't have a HUD to go with the other tech it offers. I forget my Supra has one a lot of times, but I do enjoy using it when I remember it's there and at night. Cooled seats are great in hot areas (I live in north Texas and love them in my daily F-150) but can definitely live without them in a sports car.

Dan Cohen

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SUBARU
Occupation
sales
bla bla bla....where the h-ll are the cars....I mean c'mon now this is ridiculous.....Waited long enough and still getting jerked around with allocations etc. Nissan screwed this up big time. I can wait but that is not the issue we should all be driving these cars by now. Chip shortage my butt already. I sell cars for a living and have been doing so for 37 years and this is a joke with this car already. Very disappointed with this entire mess.....simple where are the damn cars.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
bla bla bla....where the h-ll are the cars....I mean c'mon now this is ridiculous.....Waited long enough and still getting jerked around with allocations etc. Nissan screwed this up big time. I can wait but that is not the issue we should all be driving these cars by now. Chip shortage my butt already. I sell cars for a living and have been doing so for 37 years and this is a joke with this car already. Very disappointed with this entire mess.....simple where are the damn cars.
I stopped by my local dealership again to talk about their Proto and future allocations.

The Proto they’re holding a silent auction for it. If you bid high enough they will call you if not then forget it. I heard anything under $100K will not be considered.

As for a future allocation they said possibly 1 Performance manual in January. Nissan really screwed the pooch on this release!

-RJM

Longhorn2020

First Name
Jase
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z
Occupation
Computer engineering
Honestly a little disappointed it doesn't have a HUD to go with the other tech it offers. I forget my Supra has one a lot of times, but I do enjoy using it when I remember it's there and at night. Cooled seats are great in hot areas (I live in north Texas and love them in my daily F-150) but can definitely live without them in a sports car.
Agree that it's disappointing it doesn't have cooled seats or the HUD when other vehicles in the lineup have them. Wireless charging would have been nice and the newer infotainment screen and software that the refreshed Altima has.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
Agree that it's disappointing it doesn't have cooled seats or the HUD when other vehicles in the lineup have them. Wireless charging would have been nice and the newer infotainment screen and software that the refreshed Altima has.
I agree HUD and wireless charging are nice features. I use mine all the time. I like that I can program lighting, how the car starts and bells and chimes with a touch of an App.

Not sure if this can be done in the new Z.

-RJM

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I remember Nissan had HUD way back in da day. I believe it was available on NX, 240SX (S13), Maxima and I even think some Uber rare Stanzas with digital dash had it.

Weird that they don't offer it anymore. Not that I care. But it's interesting that Nissan had a history of being an early adopter.....

Zupra88

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z, 2022 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Nursing Home Administrator
I forgot it doesn’t have wireless charging. Seems like every new vehicle I’ve seen recently comes standard with a charging pad so makes no sense that the Z doesn’t have one.
I agree HUD and wireless charging are nice features. I use mine all the time. I like that I can program lighting, how the car starts and bells and chimes with a touch of an App.

Not sure if this can be done in the new Z.

-RJM
Programming the lighting, bells and chimes would be fun to program for different driver profiles based on which key is being used.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
I remember Nissan had HUD way back in da day. I believe it was available on NX, 240SX (S13), Maxima and I even think some Uber rare Stanzas with digital dash had it.

Weird that they don't offer it anymore. Not that I care. But it's interesting that Nissan had a history of being an early adopter.....
What's really weird is the top trim Rogue has it, buy not the sports car that actually can benefit from it.