trackratZ

First Name
August
Reaction score
Car(s)
73 240Z RB26DETT; Xterra Off Road; N54 E60 535i
Occupation
Software security
Get this, I got word from a Riverside Nissan employee that they will get the yellow Proto Spec......and will be marked up $45K! Stealership!

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Car(s)
'09 335i E92 6MT
I'll just leave this here...
MSRP of $50k for the Proto seems realistic to me given that it's limited to 240 units.

However, in this market it won't surprise me to see them listed at $70k+. All bets are off when LE CTR's are moving in the $70k's and some are listed as high as $125k.
😜

Andaesthetics

Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
It'll be marked up every where and any where. 90% of people who get one of the first batch cars will pay a substantial markup. The only way you're not is if you are family of the dealership or have a very close relationship to them.

NissanFreak2021

Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
Markups should be expected and they will sale everyone of them as there is always people willing to pay more to be first. So either pay the markup, wait, or buy something else.

therumblewagon

Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5
Get this, I got word from a Riverside Nissan employee that they will get the yellow Proto Spec......and will be marked up $45K! Stealership!
Jesus, that is massively disheartening - never thought I'd see the day a non-GTR Nissan would be flirting with the 6-figure club.

I'm guessing they will think someone who's a collector will scoop it up and sit on it? A price tag of that caliber puts it in a class wayyy above where it's able to fight at (C8, etc.)

Hoping this is an isolated incident because Proto, but I guess we'll see. Furthermore, them claiming they're getting a Proto makes me wonder if dealerships are starting to find out initial allocations...?

siggy

Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
I have no problem with ADMs. It’s a free market. Right now dealers have all the cards. It’s not shady business practice in my opinion. All the information is in plain sight. MSRP is on the manufacturers website. They will sell at ADM as long as there are willing buyers. What goes up must come down, however. It wasn’t that long ago you could get a brand new Vette for 15% off MSRP. Obviously times are different NOW, but supply will catch up. Nothing to get upset about. If someone is an instant gratification person, that’s on them. I wouldn’t consider myself patient, but I sure am when it comes to spending money. Not one person NEEDS a Nissan Z.

jezzza

Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Occupation
Sparky
you sure know how to cut a guy in the quick...
In all seriousness give Orr Nissan Central in Oklahoma a call. They'll happily ship interstate and have publicity stated their ADM is capped at 5k with possible discounts for club members/enthusiasts. Ethical dealerships do still exist.

siggy

Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
In all seriousness give Orr Nissan Central in Oklahoma a call. They'll happily ship interstate and have publicity stated their ADM is capped at 5k with possible discounts for club members/enthusiasts. Ethical dealerships do still exist.
How is an ADM unethical? Genuinely curious. You live in a capitalistic country. I have no affiliation with any dealership or in the biz whatsoever. I don’t like dealerships as much as the next person, but quite frankly, if someone is “duped” that’s on them. My gripe comes more with the buying process as a whole. Tesla purchasing process is how it should be - few internet clicks and you’re done.