Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
Until the electricity is turned off. :p

Power companies in various countries have been complaining for years about not having enough power to meet demand, and it's only going to get worse as people use more and more portable gadgets and get pushed into electric cars. The main power provider here has given out warnings of potential cuts twice in the last week (one day the hot water cylinder electricity was turned off, but I'm not sure if that was just a local outage). South Africa is also having six hour power cuts and has had power issues for decades.
Trust me, you don't have to bring power cuts up to me. Power gets cut all the time for me. Lately it's been 1 once a week for 6-8 hours in the middle of a 100° day. But it cuts out after I leave to work and turns on before I get home (most of the time). It's the 3 day long cuts that get to me. It's so bad, I had a special plug installed so that I can hook my generator up to the houses power panel directly. I can use everything in the house like normal besides running the ac.

Ca wants everyone to go electric but has no way to support it. Makes perfect sense.... their excuse for power cuts - it can cause a fire. Well ya, thats cause the system can't support the demand how it is!

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
We can make a robot which can sit at the end of a pen, but nothing like a miniature nuclear reactor.

Priorities...🙄

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F-150
its starting to drop a bit in TX. the cheapest that i have seen is like $3.89, cash price tho.

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
Sri Lanka: 'I've spent 10 days in line for petrol'
In Sri Lanka, huge queues of vehicles waiting for fuel have become a common sight, as the country reels from a deep economic crisis that has left it unable to import enough.​
One queue, beginning in the commercial heart of the capital Colombo, and snaking round alongside a seaside strip of road, continues for 5km. Close to the front, driving a minibus, is 43-year-old Pratheem. He has been waiting in line for 10 days.​
continues at BBC.com

supra93

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef
$3.99 seems to be the average in Houston. I was able to fill up at $3.79 with a cash discount.

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
Average U.S. Gas Price Falls to $4.50 per Gallon for the First Time in Months
The average price of a gallon of gas has dropped more than 50 cents from the record set in June.​

supra93

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef
I filled up at Sam's yesterday for $3.40.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Thank you, Mr. President, even though you have little to no control over the price of gas. 🤣

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
Still around $6 here but I havent filled up a car in almost 2 months now so I dont really care.